[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Jerry Lee Lewis

This was reported on another music forum and I have seen it a couple of other places as well, so it must be true that he has passed away at age 87. So another music icon is gone.

Indeed it is true. Yesterday, I received emails from CNN as well as the NY Times announcing his passing. It has been a sad few weeks, losing Loretta Lynn, Leslie Jordan, and now Jerry. May they all RIP.

As a young musician, I had three mentors. Ray Charles, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis. I deeply regret not having met any of them. RIP Jerry Lee, you definitely kicked some Rock and Roll ass.
    Last edited by ralpht; 10-29-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Rest In Rock & Roll Music and Power, Jerry Lee Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    As a young musician, I had three mentors. Ray Charles, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis. I deeply regret not having met any of them. RIP Jerry Lee, you definitely kicked some Rock and Roll ass.
    I agree

edafan

I had no idea, until reading his obituary, how prolific he was over such a long period of time. I only knew his songs from his glory days at Sun Records. I guess he had quite a long career and a lot of success as a country artist. The bio film about him was terrible, it made him a cliché and a clown. Some of the scenes like when the students are wagging their fingers at him were simply ridiculous. I don’t know if they were trying to make it a biography or a musical comedy. I’d like to read a good biography about him if anyone can recommend one.