[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Birthday Midnight Johnny!

Hope your spinning the Motown Sound in heaven!

Yes, Happy Birthday Midnight!
    Gone but not forgotten.

He was a lovely chap. I got to know him years ago through the original Motown Yahoo Group. It was the time before much of the vaulted material was released. However, he gained access to some songs and he was kind enough to message me to let me know he was going to broadcast the songs on his radio show. I had to be up really early [[in the UK) to listen to them, it was so exciting at the time.

A true legend!

@Mary, how thoughtful of you to remember. He was such a lovely man. I miss him so much especially his enthusiasm and excitement whenever there was a new release coming out that he would highlight on his show. One of many who were lost to us way too soon.

I agree with @ Kenneth... how nice of you to remember. Johnny was one of my favorite SDF members and wonderful off-forum as well. So very sad he left us.

Sure do miss his shows. Back in my drinking days I used to love having a couple glasses of wine while listening. Is there an archive anywhere for us to listen to them?

happy birthday ,John
    you are missed
    he would always mention me on his show

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Sure do miss his shows. Back in my drinking days I used to love having a couple glasses of wine while listening. Is there an archive anywhere for us to listen to them?
    Some of his shows are on his Youtube channel. I once asked him that, but he said due to copyright of the songs, there was no publicly available archive.

Very devoted to Motown and greatly missed

I think I noticed his remix of SWBT had a couple million views on You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Those can also be found on his Youtube page. Note that the music has been scrubbed in both places. He only put up his "interesting" interviews with Motowners. I don't think there is any place you could just go listen to an old show. I was always so happy when he would drop by SDF while broadcasting and drop a few names. I can't recall who, but he seemed to really like one of our contributors. Was it Franjoy? Can't recall, but he always named dropped a few of us posting on the show thread here.