[REMOVE ADS]

Adidas drops Kanye {Ye} over dangerous slander.

My personal opinion, itīs about time someone lowered the boom on that talent-less buffoon. What a disgrace to the already shabby music business. Besides, the jerk sampled me twice but I never saw a dime.

Good Riddance!

What is Adidas saying about Kanye?

Clothing giant Adidas has cut ties with rapper Ye, known as Kanye West, saying it does "not tolerate antisemitism and any other sort of hate speech". Adidas's Yeezy brand collaboration with Mr West was put under review, after he showed a "White Lives Matter" T-shirt design at Paris Fashion Week.

Saw your message, Eddy. Thank you.

I co-sign with you, Ralph. Didn't know he'd ripped you off. I don't wanna hear a damned word about his bipolar diagnosis or the loss of his mother as the root causes, either. Millions have gone through the same struggles without becoming fascistic idiots in the process. I'm devouring popcorn as his stupid dominoes tumble.
    Last edited by sansradio; 10-25-2022 at 11:44 AM.

I appreciate your support, Sans.

I can't comment on his talent - outside my wheelhouse - but I've thought he was a massive jerk since the Taylor Swift award show thing. And of course he married a turd-trashian. Enraging that he can sample, make millions and not pay a red cent; maybe get a Gaye involved ... In re: Adidas. Did the right thing but sure took them long enough.

"And The Hits Just Keep On Coming" since talent agency CAA, fashion designers Balenciaga & Vogue and two athletes singed to his Donda Sports Agency have all walked away from Ye along with Adidas.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    "And The Hits Just Keep On Coming" since talent agency CAA, fashion designers Balenciaga & Vogue and two athletes singed to his Donda Sports Agency have all walked away from Ye along with Adidas.
    AND Foot Locker.

Will be interesting to see if this becomes a Morgan Wallen or Jan.6 type of situation wherein corporations denounce a business partner in the heat of conflict but quietly return to partnership / sponsorship once the tempest blows over and the profits are too high to turn away from.

Seems to me what is evident for 20 years. Video, autotune, manipulation of sound, the audience buys into virtual reality and persuavive presentation rather than reality. So sad ....

I spent 40 years actively promoting equal rights. Very discouraged at what's happening.Curtis Mayfield was my lode star

What took so long? He's just disgraceful.

Have never liked the dude so bye boy but Ralph you can go after him if you didn't give him written permission!!!!

Good suggestion, MsM But it seems to me Jobette should be involved. Probably one of those deals where it would be too expensive to litigate, so it skates. I think that was the major flaw in sampling, period.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Good suggestion, MsM But it seems to me Jobette should be involved. Probably one of those deals where it would be too expensive to litigate, so it skates. I think that was the major flaw in sampling, period.
    Not to exacerbate things, but I'm curious to know which of your songs he jacked.

ETA: Just did my research--it was "The Sorceror of Isis." Which means that JAY-Z’s on the hook for this, too, since it was used on their collaborative album. Sheesh, the plot thickens…
    Last edited by sansradio; 10-28-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Sans, one of the songs was off a Power of Zeus album Russ and I produced. ĻThe Sorcerer OF Isis, Ritual Of The Mole." Some title, huh?

I forgot about Jay-Z

It wouldn't hurt to do a little research or ask some questions. If its worth pursuing maybe ask for legal fees and court cost as well as $$$$ as part of a settlement. You should also check if Jobette gave them written permission....you never know...especially if you don't ask!

Like Herschel Walker, West appears to be a tool, albeit a willing one, pandering to the worst intentions of the far right, to exploit him to help push the false narrative that they represent a new broadening of their base which typically lacks the diversity of the left. I think both men are tragic figures deserving of their own opera or Shakespearean tragedy.

Elon Musk says he's still welcome on Twitter. He's not dropping him and he also says he's reinstating Trump if he wants to come back. Says he's all for "Free Speech" I read somewhere that hate speech and the use of the "N-Word" has increased tenfold since he bought Twitter.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; 11-01-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Elon Musk says he's still welcome on Twitter. He's not dropping him and he also says he's reinstating Trump if he wants to come back. Says he's all for "Free Speech" I read somewhere that hate speech and the use of the "N-Word" has increased tenfold since he bought Twitter.
    How very depressing. Judging by Musk’s reposting of the bizarre conspiracy theory regarding the attack on Paul Pelosi, he seems to aspire to being Twitter’s Chief Provocateur.

I, too, am depressed about Musk's enthusiasm as regards spreading anti-Semitism etc. Very sad, devolved and dangerous world we now live in.

I bet Kyrie Irving gets to stay too. It's really sad how this country is degrading itself with all this political, racist B.S.

It's amazing. What people used to be afraid to say out loud but would whisper snidely in the background, they're now eager to project as they can always find some supporters who will nod along with them.