[REMOVE ADS]

Tina Turner "Break Every Rule [Deluxe Edition]" 2CD set [Parlophone-11/25/2022]

[CD1: Original Album Remastered]
    1. Typical Male
    2. What You Get Is What You See
    3. Two People
    4. Till The Right Man Comes Along
    5. Afterglow
    6. Girls
    7. Back Where You Started
    8. Break Every Rule
    9. Overnight Sensation
    10. Paradise Is Here
    11. I'll Be Thunder

[CD2: Bonus Tracks]
    1. Don't Turn Around
    2. Havin' A Party
    3. Take Me To The River
    4. Typical Male [12" Dance Mix]
    5. Two People [Dance Mix]
    6. What You Get Is What You See [Extended Dance Mix]
    7. The Tina Turner Montage Mix
    8. Break Every Rule [Extended Dance Mix]
    9. Afterglow [Vocal Dance Mix]
    10. Paradise Is Here [Live] [Full Length Version]

Tina Turner - Break Every Rule [2022 Remaster] - Amazon.com Music

Thanks for the info.

When I first bought this album, I always used to play Side One only. I didn't warm to Side Two until I saw Tina's BREAK EVERY RULE special on HBO, where she sang many of the songs. After that, it became one of my favorites.

Keep em coming!!! I am too young for the CD era to end!!!

Great news, Eddie - thanks! I'll be happy to receive this one. Been a Tina fan since 1969! 'Don't Turn Around' is considerably better than some of the ... polite ... cuts on the lp, and was used to great effect in the Broadway musical 'Tina'. I also love Tina's 'Take Me To The River'. Yet ... all these years later I remain unimpressed at the Sears Portrait Studio quality of the front and back covers. The portraits of Tina don't seem to even be in focus!

It appears that there is also a 5 disc version to come: 3 CDs, 2 DVDs. https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...L._SL1500_.jpg
    Last edited by smallworld; 10-07-2022 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    It appears that there is also a 5 disc version to come: 3 CDs, 2 DVDs.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...L._SL1500_.jpg
    I'm curious about the content of the 5 disc. I have the "Break Every Rule" show on laserdisc and have never been able to convert to digital without sound syncing issues. It'd be great to finally have it on official DVD. Otherwise, I think I have all the remixes, edits and extended versions from that era. Additional live versions would cannibalize the "Tina Live In Europe" set. I guess we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    It appears that there is also a 5 disc version to come: 3 CDs, 2 DVDs.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...L._SL1500_.jpg
    Very Interesting! Couldn't find any info about this collection right now, however, Parlophone/Rhino did do a similar box for Tina's Foreign Affair album [with 4CDs & 1 DVD].

I’ve had this album for a while but never really gotten into it until recently. And now there’s a deluxe edition!!!! My favourite tracks at the moment are "Break Every Rule", "Two People", "Typical Male" and my ultimate fave, "What You Get Is What You See".

Yes! This is my favourite Tina album and I have been waiting for this deluxe edition! Glad to read that you have been lovin' this album too, TomatoTom.

I saw the leaked tracklisting today in one of the Tina groups on Facebook, for the 5 disc set, which seems to be legit [sorry, I know it's hard to read...you'll have to zoom in]. Looks like discs 3 and 4 will be live audio from the Rio '88 show, and disc 5 will be a dvd containing her 1986 show, Live at Camden Palace in London, plus the promo videos. Nice!! I'm glad they are releasing the '86 show on the DVD, instead of the '88 Rio show, since that's been widely available for years, as a stand-alone DVD release.

Name:  FB_IMG_1665112888792.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  51.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Yes! This is my favourite Tina album and I have been waiting for this deluxe edition! Glad to read that you have been lovin' this album too, TomatoTom.

I saw the leaked tracklisting today in one of the Tina groups on Facebook, for the 5 disc set, which seems to be legit [sorry, I know it's hard to read...you'll have to zoom in]. Looks like discs 3 and 4 will be live audio from the Rio '88 show, and disc 5 will be a dvd containing her 1986 show, Live at Camden Palace in London, plus the promo videos. Nice!! I'm glad they are releasing the '86 show on the DVD, instead of the '88 Rio show, since that's been widely available for years, as a stand-alone DVD release.
    Thanks for the info Carlo! It's great to see them going the extra mile for Tina Turner's Break Every Rule reissue.

Name:  FB_IMG_1665112888792.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  51.6 KB
    Thanks for providing more info re the dvd. I've long had the vhs for the BREAK EVERY RULE HBO special but haven't played it much lately as my vhs players keep conking out. As I wrote earlier, it was that special that made me appreciate the whole album so it is nice to have it in an more accessible form.

I will say that I am a bit sad that there seems to be no entire concert filmed of her BREAK EVERY RULE tour. That and PRIVATE DANCER are the only ones that have never been released in their entirety, at least not in the USA. Note: the Rio show was recorded during the BER tour but the set list was changed around with some songs dropped to accommodate the live HBO telecast.

It is hard to tell since they label each disc DVD w/Bonus cd but the song lineups for Discs 3 and 4 look identical. So maybe disc 3 is the Rio audio and disc 4 is the video. We shall see.

My pleasure, Motown Eddie and Reese!

Ah Reese, good eye! I failed to notice that discs 3 and 4 indeed have the same tracklisting, so you may be right that disc 3 will be the Rio audio and disc 4 will be the dvd of that show. That would be nice. Even better if they remastered/cleaned-up the Rio footage for this new deluxe edition.

Interesting that B side Don't Turn Around would a few years later be a big hit for Ace of Base, the Swedish pop group whose music and sound was quite different from Tina Turner, even at her most commercial 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Interesting that B side Don't Turn Around would a few years later be a big hit for Ace of Base, the Swedish pop group whose music and sound was quite different from Tina Turner, even at her most commercial 80s.
    Yes...I've always been a big Ace of Base fan. As a kid, I constantly played their music and didn't know that Tina had originated Don't Turn Around, until many years later. Love her version too, even though they're both very different.

Looks like a great deluxe edition too carlo!! I’ve also been enjoying Foreign Affair recently, and I had no idea that most of it was produced by Dan Hartman!!! My favourite from that one at the moment is "Not Enough Romance".

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Looks like a great deluxe edition too carlo!! I’ve also been enjoying Foreign Affair recently, and I had no idea that most of it was produced by Dan Hartman!!! My favourite from that one at the moment is "Not Enough Romance".
    Oh yes, also a great album! That's a great track too! My two top favourites from that album are "Falling Like Rain" and the title track.

Oh yes, also a great album! That's a great track too! My two top favourites from that album are "Falling Like Rain" and the title track.
    Have always LOVED "Falling Like Rain" but didn't know others did. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    FOREIGN AFFAIR is a fave of mine as well. I really liked the title track, STEAMY WINDOWS, THE BEST, I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU, and LOOK ME IN THE HEART.

When the album was first released, Tina came to Boston for a listening party because she really liked the album and wanted to promote it. I was so bummed that she didn't bring the FOREIGN AFFAIR tour to the US. But at least it was available on pay per view.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    FOREIGN AFFAIR is a fave of mine as well. I really liked the title track, STEAMY WINDOWS, THE BEST, I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU, and LOOK ME IN THE HEART.
    Me Too! My favorites on Foreign Affair include "Ask Me How I Feel", "Falling Like Rain", "You Know Who [Is Doing You Know What]", and the title cut along with the ones that you mentioned. And the multi disc-deluxe edition of Foreign Affair is fantastic since it includes all the B-sides & dance remixes from the album along with a live show in Barcelona [called Do You Want Some Action?] from 1990 on both 2CDs & DVD.

I love "Falling Like Rain" too!

And Tina Turner's Break Every Rule reissue will also be available as a 3CD/2DVD box set & a single LP on vinyl [in addition to the 2CD set already mentioned]. Info from SuperDeluxeEdition.com-

Tina Turner’s 1986 album Break Every Rule will be reissued next month across three physical formats, including a 3CD+2DVD box set.
    Turner had enjoyed massive success with her Private Dancer album of 1984 and then consolidated that with the 1985 hit single ‘We Don’t Need Another Hero [Thunderdome]’, the theme tune to Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Another song from that soundtrack [‘One of the Living’] and the Bryan Adams duet ‘It’s Only Love’ kept Tina in the charts before she returned with what was her sixth solo studio album, Break Every Rule in September ’86.
    Just like ‘We Don’t Need Another Hero’, the lead single ‘Typical Male’ peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100, denying Tuner another chart-topper [1984’s ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It’ was ultimately her only solo number one in America, and she didn’t have any in the UK].

Amazon USA-
    Amazon.com: Break Every Rule [2022 Remaster] : Tina Turner: CDs & Vinyl

Amazon UK-
    Break Every Rule [2022 Remaster]: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

The 3CD+2DVD deluxe reissue offers the album remastered, a CD of remixes/non-album tracks, Tina live at Rio from 16 January 1988 [on CD and DVD] and then finally a DVD featuring Live at Camden Palace in November 1986 and promo videos. A 2CD deluxe pairs the remastered album with the remixes/non-album cuts and this is also available on remastered vinyl.
    Break Every Rule will be reissued on 25 November 2022 via Parlophone.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 10-19-2022 at 02:31 PM.