[REMOVE ADS]

Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye....Oct. 1, 2022

Hello Everyone,

I was thrilled to have been part of the Motown Show on October 1, 2022. It was so much fun! I truly enjoyed myself.

It was great to see so many people I had not seen in a while and it was great to perform once again with Scherrie, and for the first time, Susaye Greene. I was asked to join them for this one time event, and I am very happy I agreed to do it. It felt just like old times! Yet it was a bit new for me, because this is the first time Susaye and I have performed together in the group! In fact, this was the first time since the tour with Diana Ross, 22 years ago, when Scherrie and I joined Diana for a tour, that there were three Supremes on stage together! A very special event!

We had just as much fun in the dressing room as we did on stage. During the finale, Susaye showed the audience just how high that mountain was! [[We were singing Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.) We had a ball! Scherrie and I will always cherish the many years we worked together. And now we can add this special night to the many memories we already have!

Thank You so much to all of the fans that made me feel so welcomed on this show. I appreciate you and as always…..”Keep The Music Playing.”

Love always,
    Lynda Laurence

This is so nice to read. How wonderful!

Lynda's letter shows how much she values her fans & what a gracious Supreme she is! And three Supremes performing together in 2022 is certainly a significant event to be noted & cherished.

In 1972, Lynda brought a youthful grace & a confident stage presence to the group's live performances which, at that point in time, was very much needed. Lynda's innate style & personality, plus her previous performing experience, added a refreshing element of sparkling energy which helped revitalize the group's appearance & appeal. Due to her attractiveness, vocal expertise, & ability to blend, she more than held her own as an accomplished entertainer & new group member. She was, and is, especially adept at "connecting individually" with her audiences.

One reason for her immediate audience acceptance was that Lynda confidently & successfully sang lead, for several dates in Hawaii, on her very first Supremes gig! She later sang lead at New York's famed Copacabana for two shows. Lynda certainly deserves much credit, in both these instances, for saving the group from what could have easily been embarrassing cancellations & loss of much-needed revenue. And, more importantly, with Lynda subbing as lead singer [[especially at high-profile Copa), the group's overall performance impact [[to say nothing of the audience's expectations & reactions) were not compromised.

Another major contribution to the group was Lynda's Wonderlove connection with Stevie Wonder, resulting in the single BAD WEATHER, which was skillfully performed on several television shows. Also, Lynda was the single Supreme to be featured in a solo dialogue comedy bit on 1972's highly rated THE SONNY & CHER SHOW. Her selection for this comedy bit is impressive, given how new she was to the group, & this clearly indicates that her individual talent was readily recognized by the show's director & other industry professionals.

All those fortunate enough to see Lynda's RETURN TO LOVE performance of UP THE LADDER TO THE ROOF [[featuring her delightful interplay with the male dancers) saw yet another example of this lovely singer's versatility & command of the stage. It is very gratifying that YouTube features many performances, both as a solo & as a group member, which amply illustrate Lynda's many talents.

As her most recent appearance with Scherrie & Susaye might--just possibly--be the last time that three Supremes are on stage performing together, Lynda certainly deserves a special salute & "thank you" from all of her many fans. Anytime three Supremes perform together is always an extra- special occasion, bringing back to us so many musical memories.

Lynda, know that your many contributions to The Supremes are very much appreciated. Thank you for all you have done, & continue to do, to so graciously keep The Supremes' Legacy very much alive & shining so brightly!

looks like a great show! lovely seeing the lovely Lynda back as a supreme

I always thought the LMC lineup would have worked quite well. we all know Miss Lynda has a great voice but IMO it was more of a lead voice rather than a backing one. C and M were so perfectly blended together and i don't know that M and L achieved this same blend. Lynda's voice is more distinctive and so works easily as lead.

story goes that L and J did not leave the group really at the same time. their departures were separate affairs. one rumor is that Lynda would share the lead with Mary and Cindy would rejoin the group. I love Scherrie and think she's just amazing, but for sake of discussion, do you think the LMC lineup would have worked? would it have maybe been seen as less of [[another) major change up in the group's lineup? sure Jean's departure would always be a major blow to the group. but lynda was already in the group and cindy's return would have been easily accepted.