[REMOVE ADS]

RIP "Super" Wolfe

I just read that James "Super" Wolfe passed away a couple of days ago in Jackson, Tennessee. He was a music entrepreneur with numerous projects related to radio and furthering the progress of the blues. But to most of us, he was known as the widower of the late great Denise LaSalle, who left us in 2018.

Maybe someone can post a link to the story since I have still not learned how to do that!! If no one does, I will try to get some help to do it. It is high time I learned anyway!!!

I have lived in Jackson, TN for the last 25 years and I have yet to mention Super Wolf's name to someone and they not know who he was. He left a legacy here.

I was hoping to visit Jackson sometime in the next few years and thought I might even get the chance to meet him so I could tell him what a huge fan I was of Denise's.

There is no mention in either of the referenced articles above but Super Wolf had a rap single on Sugar Hill records back in the day.