[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Lss

Lss

If you're on Facebook, you might have seen that Lynda, Scherrie, and Susaye recently performed as a "One Night Only" group of FLOS.

Considering all were former ladies, this is the first time that three legit Supremes have performed since 2000 [[RTL) or since 1992 when Jean left the FLOS.

Supposedly there's video to come, but until them, just throwing around your thoughts on this lineup?

All are beautiful and extremely talented women. Makes me wonder, when Mary left the Supremes in 1977, and Scherrie and Susaye were going to continue on, could they havd rebounded with Lynda rejoining the group?

LSS would have made a great group IMO as long as they didnt oversing the classic hits.

I should add: Joyce had a prior commitment so she was unable to perform at this event.

Personally, for me, once Mary left Motown's Supremes on June 12,1977 that the Supremes were officially over. Mary seemed to provide a glamour and a vocal anchor to the group. This line up of the FLOs looks and sounds very good. At the time of 1977, I don't think an LSS lineup on Motown would have been successful as Motown had left the Supremes behind in 1972. Still, I think it was great of Lynda to rejoin the FLOs for a one night only show. Scherrie must be a wonderful person to work with as she has worked with all of the Supremes [[even Florence if you add the Magic Mountain show) and has maintained a friendship with them. Like I said, I wish they would go back to Former Ladies of the Supremes. I definitely would like to see them perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Personally, for me, once Mary left Motown's Supremes on June 12,1977 that the Supremes were officially over. Mary seemed to provide a glamour and a vocal anchor to the group. This line up of the FLOs looks and sounds very good. At the time of 1977, I don't think an LSS lineup on Motown would have been successful as Motown had left the Supremes behind in 1972. Still, I think it was great of Lynda to rejoin the FLOs for a one night only show. Scherrie must be a wonderful person to work with as she has worked with all of the Supremes [[even Florence if you add the Magic Mountain show) and has maintained a friendship with them. Like I said, I wish they would go back to Former Ladies of the Supremes. I definitely would like to see them perform live.
    You bring up a good thought: Mary and Scherrie are the only two Supremes to have worked with all of the other Supremes. Minus Barbara, of course.