[REMOVE ADS]

Patti Labelle gets sick onstage in Ohio

This broke my heart. Her touring schedule is too harsh for a 78 year old with chronic illness. I know she enjoys performing but night after night in different cities is just not the way. If she were my mother I would insist that she stop touring. She should just be playing summer festivals.

And I would have been horrified if I was in the audience. She deserves all the acclaim for coming back to finish the set but her fans would have been OK if she needed to leave. Her days should be full of leisure. Maybe she should do a Vegas residency.

We have lost so many, we need to protect the few remaining living legends of Soul music.

That was one hell of a recovery! You go Patty! Glad she's OK. Gotta watch those
    fish sandwiches!

I don’t think this has anything to do with her age or her touring schedule. She explained when she came back out that she ate some bad fish and it upset her stomach.

I saw a similar film some time back where Bonnie Pointer threw up during a performance and kept going. I guess you do what you have to do.

But I suspect Patti is like many of her colleagues, in that she probably likes keeping busy. She probably wouldn't know what to do with herself if she wasn't working. However, it is nice that she has other avenues like acting and her food line to fall back on.

Patti's a champ as are her band, singers, and everyone involved in the incident. Sh!t happens.

These things happen but she is a real pro and went on with the show. If anything, I feel bad for her, that this video was captured and went viral, showing a brief moment that most people would not want even their closest loved ones to see, let alone the entire world.

Glad it was nothing serious and that Patti was able to go on with the show [hope it Never happens to her again].

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    These things happen but she is a real pro and went on with the show. If anything, I feel bad for her, that this video was captured and went viral, showing a brief moment that most people would not want even their closest loved ones to see, let alone the entire world.
    I agree whole-heartedly, Carlo. I choose to think of Patti as the earth-shaking singer that she is.