[REMOVE ADS]

Were Motown artists EVER featured on the cover of PARADE Sunday magazine?

Just wondering, does anyone recall ever seeing any Motown artist or group featured on the cover of the PARADE Magazine that appears in many major newspapers every Sunday? I note that today's skimpy magazine features Queen Latifah.

I can recall in years past that the PARADE was a significant feature of the media but today it is a mere figment of what it used to be.

I do not recall ever seeing any Motown artists featured on it, but I could be forgetting about them. Diana Ross is as significant as Queen Latifah so why don't they do a story on her. Who would you like to see featured?

I believe Diana appeared on the cover fairly recently, along with other artists. They might have been celebrating an anniversary of WE ARE THE WORLD or something. Of course, I could also be confusing it with another publication.

I’m like you Reese. It was in a Sunday newspaper, but not sure if it was Parade, and it was Diana, Sheila E, and Quincy Jones. Time passes quickly. It wasn’t really that recent. Maybe 10 years ago? Wasn’t Diana also on the cover during “The force behind the power” ?

I would have thought that over the years there'd been several Motown artists on the cover of Parade, but I searched through Ebay looking for Ross or others and couldn't find any covers at all. It's very surprising.

I did find a familiar looking cover of Life Magazine with Diane pictured, promoting I believe "Lady Sings the Blues." Life still had a big circulation in the early 70s, I believe, though it wasn't the dominating weekly magazine it had been earlier. But no Parade covers that I could find!

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I’m like you Reese. It was in a Sunday newspaper, but not sure if it was Parade, and it was Diana, Sheila E, and Quincy Jones. Time passes quickly. It wasn’t really that recent. Maybe 10 years ago? Wasn’t Diana also on the cover during “The force behind the power” ?
    As my mom told me, once you get older the years tend to blend.

I believe Diana was on the cover of USA Today's Sunday supplement during TFBTP era.