[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Clunky

Clunky

"Scherrie and Susaye of the Supremes with Joyce Vincent" is clunky and a mouthful. How do you think these ladies should be billed? Dawn Supreme?

I think they should go back to the FLOS. Joyce is a stand in and anybody who sees them and doesn't know Joyce was never a Supreme, Google is their friend, hopefully they understand, and the question of the billing can be put to a final rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I think they should go back to the FLOS. Joyce is a stand in and anybody who sees them and doesn't know Joyce was never a Supreme, Google is their friend, hopefully they understand, and the question of the billing can be put to a final rest.
    Considering they have been togther far longer than the original trio it would seem churlish not to let them perform as Supremes or they could adapt the original name FLOS to FLONITS - former ladies of and never in the Supremes.

SS&J or The New Supremes.

Supreme Voices

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Considering they have been togther far longer than the original trio it would seem churlish not to let them perform as Supremes or they could adapt the original name FLOS to FLONITS - former ladies of and never in the Supremes.
    FLONITS, now that's funny!!

If it were all Supremes, I wouldn't object to them performing as such. But since Joyce was never a Supreme, I feel some type a way about her taking the stage as one. I realize that her taking the stage under FLOS is probably the same thing and I'm nitpicking semantics, but I can't help how I feel. But if another legit Supreme were to come back and Joyce leave, billing them as The Supremes wouldn't bother me at all because that's what they are. Once a Supreme, always a Supreme, as far as I'm concerned.

I like supreme voices, but yes they have been together since the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    How about FLONASE—Former Ladies Of and Never A Supreme Ever?😁

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    How about FLONASE—Former Ladies Of and Never A Supreme Ever?😁
    Now, that’s a breath of fresh air!

sansradio you have a way with anagrams…lol

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    How about FLONASE—Former Ladies Of and Never A Supreme Ever?
    Like it. There's nothing stuffy about that!

I think they may have encountered some legal issues with Mary in England and in the US with the truth in music act. I think that as long as they do not bill themselves as the Supremes, than it is honest enough. Former Ladies of the Supremes is as fine to me as Dennis Edwards' Temptations Revue. Initially having Jean, Scherrie and Lynda they were all former Supremes. When Jean left and they added Sundray, there was still some ties as she almost became a Supreme but instead they chose Lynda. Only with Freddie Poole did they have a third member without those kinds of ties. Joyce was going to be the third Supreme when Mary Wilson left but then Motown decided to not go forward without an Original Supreme in the group. So Joyce has a similar tie to the group like Sundray did. I think the Scherrie & Susaye of the Supremes with Joyce Vincent is a ridiculous moniker but I understand why they did that, to avoid lawsuits. Still, if Sounds of the Supremes can tour with that name-I don't see anything wrong with Former Ladies of the Supremes. I mean, what's next-Scherrie Payne of the Supremes from 1973-1977,Susaye Greene of the Supremes from 1976-1977 with Joyce Vincent of Dawn, who was almost a Supreme in 1977? I get the truth in music act, but think this is just a bit too far.