[REMOVE ADS]

Question for Ralph T

Back in the day SDF went down for awhile and when it came back all the original join dates for members/posters were off by a few years. If I'm not mistaken I joined in 2005 around the time Obie [[Benson) passed away.

Anyhoo, I was wondering, who is currently the longest running poster/member [[can't count yourself or Lowell) still on the forum?

Yeah, there was some sort of change in software or something so the earliest join dates are 2010. I would say one of the members with the longest association would be Boyfromcrosstown, who was here when I first arrived in 2001.

I started looking outside the Clubhouse to see who was still around and it made me wonder. Does Boyfromcrosstown still post. Haven't run across his name yet.

Geeze, I thought you had been here even longer than that Ralph. You were just a neophyte when all those flame wars started. LOL

Change is inevitable and I get that but there have been some interesting times on SDF....good and bad.

But what I missed the most are many of the industry people that use to be around. I know many have passed on but I learned a lot from those peeps. Reading the remember when thread started making me a little nostalgic.

We have lost so many of the industry players the last few years it saddens me. As far as the flame wars, I barely remember what it was all about. I fondly remember the ERRRGH and KABONG eras. So much fun.

Don't forget the elephants....OOPS...you were on vacation...never mind. LOL

Like I didnīt know about the elephants in my absence.

hahahah...good times, good times!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    I started looking outside the Clubhouse to see who was still around and it made me wonder. Does Boyfromcrosstown still post. Haven't run across his name yet.
    Yep I do. In those days we had a group of a UK fanatics who were crazy about Detroit music. It was then only Detroit music and the forum attracted the original musicians, producers and the names we didn't know much about. Probably a little esoteric for some, but we kids were in awe of seeing Detroit based names telling us their story because up to then, they were just names on a record label.

We've had some huge names on here thanks to Ralph. Not fair to single any specific one but many told stories which we managed to capture in our archives.

And of course, we were able to do that because many of those people were still around to tell the story so it was important that we heard their story before it was too late.

I was and still am theboyfromxtown.

theboyfromxtown...oooook, now that make's sense. LOL

I wasn't here in the beginning but I did have a chance to hear a lot of great stories and also get some advice on the business side of music. It really was information central from many of the who's, who in the industry at one time.

Hey ms m- i too recall those good ol days and the greats like[bobby eli- mike mcclane] and the fun post with the old forum...for the first time i'm gonna the true story of how i found[sdf] i was at work on the computer and bored when i looked around for music sites[why not] and i found gold...sdf and ralph forever!!!

AWWWW shucks arr&bee......Glad you found us.

Me too ralph, me too!!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  21.1 KB
    I arrived about a month or 2 after the forum started in early 2001. David Meikle, one of the founders, still makes a post here every now and then. Bob Ohlsson and Dennis Coffey were members, and they still post here. I can't remember any others offhand. I can probably remember over a hundred, if pressed, who were major regular posters, who are no longer here. Many of them are still regulars on Soul-Source [[as am I). I confess that most of the members back then cared mainly about Motown and Detroit Soul, and most of The British members also were far into Northern Soul. We also had several big-time Motown and Detroit Soul record collectors, and threads covering the esoteric detailed aspects of that hobby, which we seldom have anymore. And when I start one of those, they get no comments from others, or maybe one or two, when they used to get hundreds of comments, have hundreds of record label scans and video uploads or MP3 links, last for years, and eventually get placed in our "classic threads section". Unfortunately, we lost most of those when Lowell upgraded our platform to a new one in 2010.