[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0

    The jones girls backing vocals on other artist's songs

    I saw a post on facebook and had to steal it. The Jones Girls were very busy session singers outside of their touring with Diana Ross. Post songs that you know by other artists with the Jones Girls singing background vocals. Here's a favorite:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0
    Probably one of my favorite dance tunes of all time

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,319
    Rep Power
    342

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I saw a post on facebook and had to steal it. The Jones Girls were very busy session singers outside of their touring with Diana Ross. Post songs that you know by other artists with the Jones Girls singing background vocals.
    I am so embarrassed that all these years I didn't know The Jones Girls were the vocals on Dexter Wansel's "The Sweetest Pain" -- one of my perennials. Were they credited as "featured vocalists" or were they just credited in liner notes?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    37,050
    Rep Power
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I am so embarrassed that all these years I didn't know The Jones Girls were the vocals on Dexter Wansel's "The Sweetest Pain" -- one of my perennials. Were they credited as "featured vocalists" or were they just credited in liner notes?
    Terri Wells is the lead vocalist; the Jones Girls provide backup.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    155

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Terri Wells is the lead vocalist; the Jones Girls provide backup.
    Aaah! Now I don't feel so bad.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    112
    In the movie “The Wiz” they appear on screen singing background on the Nipsey Russell song “What would I do”. Does anyone know if they are on the actual recording?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,319
    Rep Power
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In the movie “The Wiz” they appear on screen singing background on the Nipsey Russell song “What would I do”. Does anyone know if they are on the actual recording?
    They aren't listed in the album credits but it could be an oversight.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    37,050
    Rep Power
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In the movie “The Wiz” they appear on screen singing background on the Nipsey Russell song “What would I do”. Does anyone know if they are on the actual recording?
    I never realized that! I can clearly see it’s them in my mind’s eye now, not having seen it in eons. Good on ya!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In the movie “The Wiz” they appear on screen singing background on the Nipsey Russell song “What would I do”. Does anyone know if they are on the actual recording?
    Wow, didn't realize that. I have to go watch that. Haven't seen The Wiz in ages.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,566
    Rep Power
    194

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,566
    Rep Power
    194

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,566
    Rep Power
    194

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    This was truly a mistake by me. Not sure how to delete it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.