[REMOVE ADS]

Low Res – Marvin Gaye’s Trouble Man [[2022)

Marvin Gaye was extremely proud of his pioneering film score for the "blaxploitation" film "Trouble Man". In 1982, he commented: "The "Trouble Man" film score was one of my loveliest projects and one of the great sleepers of all our time. I'll probably be dead and gone before I get the probable acclaim from the "Trouble Man" album, a musical track that I feel I should get. And put on a symphony, if someone took my album and did a symphony on it, I think it would be quite interesting." American musician Daniel Zelonky [[AKA "Low Res") had been captivated by this record for decades. Given the opportunity to recreate and conduct the entire film score live with a 36 piece orchestra at Voohuit, a beautiful classical venue in Gent, Belgium he set about meeting this daunting challenge: to be faithful to the feeling of the original and yet to create something "new", to expand upon certain elements in a formal way, no "jamming" on the themes. After a very successful performance, the resulting recordings were augmented in studio with additional instrumentation, and with the vocals of Blackwolf, singer of the late, lamented "Kings Go Forth" [[Luaka Bop Records). We think that the crate-digging denizens of the original soundtrack, and the curious Marvin Gaye fans alike will find much to enjoy in this 50th Anniversary tribute to Marvin's Blaxploitation masterpiece!

https://open.spotify.com/album/0aNQgFb33tOeykKQeVqLNX

I definitely need to check this out. Thanks for posting.