Honey & The Bees
    Love [[yellow vinyl pressing)

LP [[Item 125082) Josie/Real Gone, 1970 — Condition: New Copy
    [[reissue)
    On October 7, 2022
    LP, Vinyl record album

Honey & The Bees
    Soul [[CD, LP)

Sublime soul from Honey & The Bees – some the group's deepest material ever, with a rich vibe that goes way way past some of their earlier singles! Although a female quartet, the group offer up a key link in Philly soul that also encompasses most of the male changes at the time, too – a mix of early Sigma Sound styles with some of the older harmony styles that made Philly groups so great – professional and tight, yet still not nearly as polished as it would be later in the 70s. Where other girl groups on the scene were going more for a dancefloor appeal, these gals can harmonize with the best male acts of the period – really tremendous, especially when set to the album's sublime arrangements by Norman Harris, Bobby Martin, and Ronnie Baker. Musicians include Harris on guitar, Baker on bass, Vince Montana on vibes, and Leon Huff on piano – and titles include "Please Have Mercy", "Love Is The Key", "We Got To Stay Together", "Make Love To Me", "Do You Understand", and "What About Me". © 1996-2022, Dusty Groove, Inc.

That's a no brainer for me, pre-ordered immediately, looks like it will be available from several UK outlets as well. Has anyone bought Real Gone pressings previously? I'd like to think it will be high quality. I've wanted this for years and knew the only way would be a re-press. Huge thanks for posting this

I saw Honey & the Bees LIVE in early 70's on a James Brown Show tour in Florida. Then later I learned one of them had married Fred Wesley, James Browns' trombonist & band director. They were real good and had a hit in Orlando/Tampa areas of Florida on Jubilee label "Help Me Baby[[Get Over My Used to be Lover)".

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 09-28-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's a no brainer for me, pre-ordered immediately, looks like it will be available from several UK outlets as well. Has anyone bought Real Gone pressings previously? I'd like to think it will be high quality. I've wanted this for years and knew the only way would be a re-press. Huge thanks for posting this
    I had bought the Darlene Love compilation that Real Gone released on vinyl for RSD earlier this year, and the pressing quality is good.

I have been thinking of picking up this new Honey and the Bees reissue. Just waiting for it to become available for pre-order via a Canadian merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I had bought the Darlene Love compilation that Real Gone released on vinyl for RSD earlier this year, and the pressing quality is good.

I have been thinking of picking up this new Honey and the Bees reissue. Just waiting for it to become available for pre-order via a Canadian merchant.
    Thanks for that. I've checked out a few reviews, one saying it was quiet and well centred. My biggest vinyl bug bear is when they press off centre! Did you get Teal coloured pressing? Have to say, it looks really cool contrasting the retro labelling. Anyway, fingers crossed and good luck with the Canadian supplier.
    Last edited by Danno; 09-29-2022 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks for that. I've checked out a few reviews, one saying it was quiet and well centred. My biggest vinyl bug bear is when they press off centre! Did you get Teal coloured pressing? Have to say, it looks really cool contrasting the retro labelling. Anyway, fingers crossed and good look with the Canadian supplier.
    While the vinyl wasn't dead silent, I remember it being quieter, in comparison to other recent vinyl pressings that I own, released by other labels. I did indeed get the teal coloured disc. It's a lovely release! I just remembered that I have Real Gone's red vinyl pressing of the Dusty Springfield Atlantic Singles as well. That one is also ok. I remember there being some 'tics' here and there, but nothing major.

Thank you for the best wishes
    Last edited by carlo; 09-28-2022 at 10:42 PM.