[REMOVE ADS]

"Queen of the House" Jody Miller has died

Heard the news on Sirius X M radio this morning and then they played the song. I am sure you all remember it as the female answer to Roger Miller's King of the Road. She was 80, which means she had to be very young when that song was released.

So much death lately. May she R.I.P.

Jody Miller's "He Walks Like A Man" was popular with girl group fans.

That's so sad. I had not heard of Jody Miller until I started collecting episodes of the 60's music show, Shindig. They seemed to really enjoy her as they featured her in a few episodes. She did a amazing live version of "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" on one of those episodes and I thought, WOW!, she's very good. So it seems she had a pretty lengthy career, but it's funny how there are artists who put out albums for years and yet never seem to become household names. I am a child of the 70s so I'm wondering if she WAS a household name and I just didn't know it because of my listening to the soul music/top 40 stations.