[REMOVE ADS]

Too many threads tacked to the top of The Clubhouse?

I feel that the amount of threads tacked to the top of The Clubhouse discourages casual viewers from seeing news posted below them, often resulting in multiple threads on a single news item.

For myself if I see recent news that I think other SDF members might fine informative I check the top threads of the other forums before I post it. Someone who casually checks the top threads in The Clubhouse will not see items recently posted there.

I understand a thread like “Left Parentheses Banned” needs to stay at the top to keep reminding people. But I think all the other threads should rise and fall on their own merits, so newly posted information can be seen by casual viewers. Thoughts?

There's a few sticky threads that haven't done anything in a VERY long time. Why are they still here?
    Except for the "Left Parentheses Banned" I agree with you. Bogged down at the top.

Mo and SS. My yardstick for leaving a stuck thread in place has to do with view count. If the view number keeps rising, I leave it alone. Regarding Nina´s dance thread, she has asked me many times to unstick it but I told her as long as it gains numbers, someone is finding it interesting, so it remains. So that is my simple rule of thumb. Only Isaiah would question that.
    Last edited by ralpht; 09-25-2022 at 08:20 AM.

I should also mention that many of the view numbers come from lurkers who do not have posting privileges as non members.

Got it, Ralph. Thank you for your response.

OK, Ralph. We move on.

Moving on..........