[REMOVE ADS]

Streisand Fans - The Live 'Bon Soir' Is Finally Being Officially Released!

... a step up from the bootleg versions of 'yore - Christmas coming early!

https://theseconddisc.com/2022/09/23...s-in-november/

and -

https://www.impexrecords.com/live-at...preorder-page/

I was happy to see this announcement via her mailing list the other day There were some rumours on one of the online fan forums that this would be getting an official release. Will be getting this one. Now if only she could finally stop editing and re-editing her memoirs and finally put it in print. I last read that she said it's going to be two volumes, because she's written so much. Lol. Oy.
    Last edited by carlo; 09-24-2022 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I was happy to see this announcement via her mailing list the other day There were some rumours on one of the online fan forums that this would be getting an official release. Will be getting this one. Now if only she could finally stop editing and re-editing her memoirs and finally put it in print. I last read that she said it's going to be two volumes, because she's written so much. Lol. Oy.
    Ha, Carlo! The 're-editing' is ... troublesome! Love my Barbra, but ... re-editing or re-inventing? My guess is that if this ever gets published it will sucxxx ... disappoint. I hope to be proven incorrect! The Bon Soir is great news and I've ordered the SACD. Perhaps this will be my re-introduction to The LP as well?

On February 25, 1963, Columbia Records released The Barbra Streisand Album. The first song was "Cry Me a River," and with that a star was born. Barbra Joan Streisand had a zany personality backed by a talent that Stephen Sondheim once described as "one of the two or three best voices in the world of singing songs," adding "It's not just her voice but her intensity, her passion and control." Harold Arlen, another of her favorite composers, commented, "This young lady . . . has a stunning future." With all-male rock groups like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and the Four Seasons ruling the charts, no one expected a twenty-year-old female singer from Brooklyn to not just hit No. 1, but repeat that accomplishment every decade that followed all the way to the next millennium and become the best-selling female recording artist of all time. Now, for the first time ever, comes the definitive book on the extensive recording career of this towering cultural icon, the Funny Girl considered by many to be the most talented singer of her generation. Barbra Streisand: The Albums The Singles The Music takes readers on a journey through every album, soundtrack, and single Streisand has released

This title will be released on April 24, 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    On February 25, 1963, Columbia Records released The Barbra Streisand Album. The first song was "Cry Me a River," and with that a star was born. Barbra Joan Streisand had a zany personality backed by a talent that Stephen Sondheim once described as "one of the two or three best voices in the world of singing songs," adding "It's not just her voice but her intensity, her passion and control." Harold Arlen, another of her favorite composers, commented, "This young lady . . . has a stunning future." With all-male rock groups like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and the Four Seasons ruling the charts, no one expected a twenty-year-old female singer from Brooklyn to not just hit No. 1, but repeat that accomplishment every decade that followed all the way to the next millennium and become the best-selling female recording artist of all time. Now, for the first time ever, comes the definitive book on the extensive recording career of this towering cultural icon, the Funny Girl considered by many to be the most talented singer of her generation. Barbra Streisand: The Albums The Singles The Music takes readers on a journey through every album, soundtrack, and single Streisand has released

This title will be released on April 24, 2023.
    Great news, Jack - I'm up for this one!