[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Solution:

“LIVE! …FROM THE UK! …”

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Unless she hands over the Harold Arlen album over to Decca. Or a Symphonica album with her original vocals meets the demand unless she goes into the studio now that tour/residency is over to lay down vocals for the Symphonica album.
    That would be wonderful! Anything would be fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Unless she hands over the Harold Arlen album over to Decca. Or a Symphonica album with her original vocals meets the demand unless she goes into the studio now that tour/residency is over to lay down vocals for the Symphonica album.
    i think she owns the rights to her RCA masters, would be nice if

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    That would be wonderful! Anything would be fine with me.
    I'm with you; any of the options will be welcome.

Some of the very best albums of all time were recorded in under a week. I guess it depends on Diana’s dedication to her fans in wanting them to have a little something special for under the Christmas. tree this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Some of the very best albums of all time were recorded in under a week. I guess it depends on Diana’s dedication to her fans in wanting them to have a little something special for under the Christmas. tree this year.
    Were any of those albums by Diana Ross? No? I didn't think so. If you get a Diana Ross album of any sort by Christmas that hasn't been recorded by now, it's a safe bet it won't be on anyone's best albums of all time list.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Were any of those albums by Diana Ross? No? I didn't think so. If you get a Diana Ross album of any sort by Christmas that hasn't been recorded by now, it's a safe bet it won't be on anyone's best albums of all time list.
    It would be interesting to know the fastest time Diana has ever recorded an album. I’m guessing “Funny Girl”, where her vocals are indeed excellent.
    Fine tuning can be taken a little to far on occasion. A few rough edges can end up rather appealing.

It would be interesting to know the fastest time Diana has ever recorded an album. I’m guessing “Funny Girl”, where her vocals are indeed excellent.
    Fine tuning can be taken a little to far on occasion. A few rough edges can end up rather appealing.
    The vocals on A VERY SPECIAL SEASON were done in four days, according to its producer Nick Martinelli.
    Last edited by reese; 10-04-2022 at 12:46 AM.

When Diana was a Supreme, she had some of the best production artists almost at her disposal. She also was not the driving creative force behind her work during that time. She is much more involved in what she records now. I have no doubt that she could show up and sing a number of songs in a few day's time. But would that mean getting production values like what we received on I Love You? Thank You isn't a bad album at all, but word on the street is that she recorded vocals over the phone. And sometimes it sounds like it, IMO. If she had a home studio and was a creative genius like a Stevie Wonder, I could see her knocking out a good quality album in such a short period of time. She is not, however, the kind of genius that Stevie is. Diana's talent has always been singing, while the other areas of music isn't exactly the gift God gave her. Lol I fear that if she did attempt to knock an album out at this point to be ready for the holiday season it would be written and produced by Rhonda and Evan, and I can't imagine any Diana Ross fan desiring that.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    A VERY SPECIAL SEASON was done in four days, according to its producer Nick Martinelli.
    Was that from conception to completion? I doubt it. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that she recorded her vocals in such a short time. The lady is brilliant at song interpretation and with most, if not all, of those songs already being familiar to her, it all probably came to her so easily. But at this point- within the last two weeks- she has only mentioned interests by the record label. That means details haven't been ironed out. No song selection. No producers. Is this a new contract, or is this part of the Thank You deal? I just can't see anything recorded at this point being ready by the end of the month.

Was that from conception to completion? I doubt it. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that she recorded her vocals in such a short time. The lady is brilliant at song interpretation and with most, if not all, of those songs already being familiar to her, it all probably came to her so easily. But at this point- within the last two weeks- she has only mentioned interests by the record label. That means details haven't been ironed out. No song selection. No producers. Is this a new contract, or is this part of the Thank You deal? I just can't see anything recorded at this point being ready by the end of the month.
    I was only referring to the vocals, as Ollie mentioned her FUNNY GIRL vocals were done quickly. I believe J. Randy wrote those vocals were done in two days.

Re the entire A VERY SPECIAL SEASON project, Nick said Diana contacted him around the middle of September 1994 and said she wanted to do an Xmas album and it had to be completed by mid-October. A week later, Nick committed to the project, which was completed by October 1st. But there obviously were talks with Diana and EMI about the project before Nick signed on, as he mentioned from inception to completion was about six weeks.

Note: he also mentioned that there was going to be a duet with Boyz II Men that didn't get done.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I was only referring to the vocals, as Ollie mentioned her FUNNY GIRL vocals were done quickly. I believe J. Randy wrote those vocals were done in two days.

Re the entire A VERY SPECIAL SEASON project, Nick said Diana contacted him around the middle of September 1994 and said she wanted to do an Xmas album and it had to be completed by mid-October. A week later, Nick committed to the project, which was completed by October 1st. But there obviously were talks with Diana and EMI about the project before Nick signed on, as he mentioned from inception to completion was about six weeks.

Note: he also mentioned that there was going to be a duet with Boyz II Men that didn't get done.
    Yeah, I can believe she cut her vocals in a short period of time.

Interesting info on AVSS and the Boyz II Men duet. Sucks it didn't happen. Wonder what song it would have been.

I do know what I want for Christmas: Reese's Supremes bible. Just compile everything Supremes that's rolling around your head, put it to paper, publish, and you have a winner. Just make sure you mention me in the "thank you" section, and please, PLEASE, make sure you get Tony Tall Tales Turner to do the foreword.

Yeah, I can believe she cut her vocals in a short period of time.

Interesting info on AVSS and the Boyz II Men duet. Sucks it didn't happen. Wonder what song it would have been.

I do know what I want for Christmas: Reese's Supremes bible. Just compile everything Supremes that's rolling around your head, put it to paper, publish, and you have a winner. Just make sure you mention me in the "thank you" section, and please, PLEASE, make sure you get Tony Tall Tales Turner to do the foreword.
    Ha Ha! My head sometimes spins with all of this information. I keep trying to remember where I read it.

A foreword from Tony Turner? My goodness. The book would be bound to hit the NY Times Best-Seller list.

All of my info re Diana's Xmas album came from an interview with Nick for Diana's REACH OUT fan club newsletter, the last issue to be exact. Re the Boys II Men duet, it was an original co-written by Frankie Knuckles. But the guys had to decline due to some other duet [s] they were doing around the same time.
    Last edited by reese; 10-04-2022 at 11:37 AM.

The holiday classic “Let it snow” by Boyz II Men and Brian McKnight?

i was under the impression that that the Symphony album was originally planned as a December release ,....but Diana suffered a throat infection and was unable to record.
    plan B , use her original vocals but,... Diana planned on returning to record new vocals pushing the album back to 2023.
    perhaps if, she turned over the masters from the other ,perhaps we may get an early 2023 release,otherwise,probably dec 23

When Diana was a Supreme, she had some of the best production artists almost at her disposal. She also was not the driving creative force behind her work during that time. She is much more involved in what she records now. I have no doubt that she could show up and sing a number of songs in a few day's time. But would that mean getting production values like what we received on I Love You? Thank You isn't a bad album at all, but word on the street is that she recorded vocals over the phone. And sometimes it sounds like it, IMO. If she had a home studio and was a creative genius like a Stevie Wonder, I could see her knocking out a good quality album in such a short period of time. She is not, however, the kind of genius that Stevie is. Diana's talent has always been singing, while the other areas of music isn't exactly the gift God gave her. Lol I fear that if she did attempt to knock an album out at this point to be ready for the holiday season it would be written and produced by Rhonda and Evan, and I can't imagine any Diana Ross fan desiring that.
    Not a creative genius like Stevie Wonder!!!. “Girls” to name one was written and produced by Diana i’ll have you know..
    I think a straightforward jazz album with less technical wizardry required might possibly be recorded in a short period of time. Just Diana at the mic with a glass of something pleasant.
    Other then it was recorded at her home studio, i haven’t heard anything regarding phone in vocal performances on the “Thank You” album. Do you consider them rather lacking?.
    Considering the long wait, and allowing for predictable comments from the M’s Ross is perfect brigade there was not an incredible amount of discussion regarding the project as a whole.

Just got an update.
    No new Christmas album but..
    A new studio set planned for next year.
    More tour dates planned...
    Symphony album on hold.most likely will use original vocals

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Just got an update.
    Just curious as to your source...

I’m guessing the wonderful Wizard Of Oz himself......Mr Blue.
    Its a Shame about the Symphony album, as with a little tv promotion it would most likely have done really well.

Of course, Mr Blue.
    He met up with Diana in vegas

Just got an update.
    It will be interesting to see just what kind of album is planned. I would love a duet’s or dance album with a strong producer.
    The symphony project using original vocals holds massive sales potential. Would be great to see Diana topping those album charts again.

Of course, Mr Blue.
    He met up with Diana in vegas
    Thanks! Great to know.