I know there are some of us on here who find ourselves scratching our heads occasionally over some of the wagering decisions that contestants make on Jeopardy. Well tonight's episode may have taken the cake in terms of bonehead moves.....

The returning champion hit the Daily Double on the very last question of Double Jeopardy. At the time, he had exactly $10,000 and the two challengers had $8,600 and $8,400. Ken Jennings even pointed out to him before he made his wager that he had a $1,400 lead and as I said it was the last question before Final Jeopardy.

I could not BELIEVE it when the guy said he would wager $2,000. How could he not realize the importance of being ahead going into Final Jeopardy and therefore make a wager that would guarantee that he would maintain a lead?

So he missed the question and because of that stupid wager he dropped from first place to third place, since he now only had $8,000. Miraculously he was the only one to get Final Jeopardy correct, so he still won in spite of himself and will be back tomorrow, but if he makes another move like that, he will not last much longer.