[REMOVE ADS]

Only media article on Diana at Radio City music hall that I can find

From "Footwear News". Focus is on Tracee and what she was wearing. They got the name of the song wrong.

https://footwearnews.com/2022/fashio...ow-1203338405/

footwear news!! HEE HAW !!!....

and I see no image there focused on any stinkin shoes ???
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-19-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Rhonda appears to be the only one singing in key.

She’s pissed tracee is stepping all over her moment with mom
    and ruining any seriousness about her composition in the process

Sad but expected - Tracee's appeal to the younger crowd is quite a bit greater than her Mom's now.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Sad but expected - Tracee's appeal to the younger crowd is quite a bit greater than her Mom's now.
    Doesn't Tracee turn 50 next month?

Well, logically, yet another sold out and rapturously received performance by Diana is not really 'news', is it? Been happening for over 50 years. The show was glorious. Hadda be there. Just joyous.

I was at the show and I enjoyed it. The next morning when I got to work I mentioned to my boss I attended the concert and she was surprised to learn Diana Ross was still alive. She asked me how old she was. I said 78. And she replied she thought Diana would be a lot older. So it's not Jeopardy contestants who think Diana is very elderly or dead. And perhaps that mindset is why no one sent a reviewer. Maybe if Diana went on an official "Farewell, this is it" tour she'd get more reviews? A shame because she did shake up her show this time out with performing 6 new songs from Thank You.
    Last edited by Spreadinglove21; 09-20-2022 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Left out a word

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I was at the show and I enjoyed it. The next morning when I got to work I mentioned to my boss I attended the concert and she was surprised to learn Diana Ross was still alive. She asked me how she was. I said 78. And she replied she thought Diana would be a lot older. So it's not Jeopardy contestants who think Diana is very elderly or dead. And perhaps that mindset is why no one sent a reviewer. Maybe if Diana went on an official "Farewell, this is it" tour she'd get more reviews? A shame because she did shake up her show this time out with performing 6 new songs from Thank You.
    That's funny. When I went to see Diana a few weeks ago, I told my dental hygienist that I was going to her show. She asked how old Diana was. When I told her she was 78, she replied "That's all?"

Was Diana barefoot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Was Diana barefoot ?
    No, but Rhonda was after she performed her first couple of songs. She removed her shoes and tossed them aside for a crew member to take off stage. It was an endearing moment and nice break from her tendency to preach.

Fantastic

I wonder why footwear news didn’t find that newsworthy

I was at the show and I enjoyed it. The next morning when I got to work I mentioned to my boss I attended the concert and she was surprised to learn Diana Ross was still alive. She asked me how old she was. I said 78. And she replied she thought Diana would be a lot older. So it's not Jeopardy contestants who think Diana is very elderly or dead. And perhaps that mindset is why no one sent a reviewer. Maybe if Diana went on an official "Farewell, this is it" tour she'd get more reviews? A shame because she did shake up her show this time out with performing 6 new songs from Thank You.
    I also agree. Whenever I mention Diana’s name, it’s assumed she is a lot older then her years or amazed she’s still on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    She’s pissed tracee is stepping all over her moment with mom
    and ruining any seriousness about her composition in the process
    And there’s me assuming they were the Brady bunch personified. Goes to prove you just never know.

No, but Rhonda was after she performed her first couple of songs. She removed her shoes and tossed them aside for a crew member to take off stage. It was an endearing moment and nice break from her tendency to preach.
    What could be so awful wrong with Rhonda’s feet that she can’t bear wearing shoes for a half hour performance [and while sitting down I think at a piano ?]

sounds like staged theatrics….
    where is Footwear News’ reporting on such things when you need them !!

I suspect every stop on that recent tour Rhonda kicked off her shoes and made her quip about why women wear such shoes. Part of the act, but it was cute. No wonder Footwear News didn't report on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I don't think it's a question of a 'younger' crowd as much as a matter of Tracee's higher contemporary profile due to her current acting success.

The audience at Radio City Music Hall last week ran the gamut of ages as I saw a number of younger people there in their 20s. But the majority were people who were teens and/or young adults in the 1960s and/or 1970s.

I suspect every stop on that recent tour Rhonda kicked off her shoes and made her quip about why women wear such shoes. Part of the act, but it was cute. No wonder Footwear News didn't report on that.
    I suspect this too,
    however I’m thinking about it some more , and there’s a lot of footwork to playing a piano and it could be possible working the pedals with those shoes were a distraction.

this is why it is so important for a prestigious rag like Footwear News to do more thorough coverage !!!

Well she didn't play piano at Radio City Music Hall. For her cover of "Landslide" Rhonda played acoustic guitar.

Heee haww!!!!

As well, 'twas Diana that sold out Radio City, and for whom the crowd was on its feet cheering and standing in long lines for souvenirs, not Tracee. So, there's that. But ... if trolls want to find a conspiracy, they shall.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    As well, 'twas Diana that sold out Radio City, and for whom the crowd was on its feet cheering and standing in long lines for souvenirs, not Tracee. So, there's that. But ... if trolls want to find a conspiracy, they shall.
    What no toads and Diana haters this time around. Perhaps saving those for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    As well, 'twas Diana that sold out Radio City, and for whom the crowd was on its feet cheering and standing in long lines for souvenirs, not Tracee. .
    And yet
    all the preeminate FOOTWEAR NEWS cared about in covering that night was what was on Tracee’s fabulous feet.