[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves Meet and Greet at Dearborn Music [April 15]

Will any of our fellow SDF members be attending Martha's meet and greet tomorrow afternoon at Dearborn Music? It's being promoted as a listening party, and she will be selling autographed photos and memorabilia to raise money for her Hollywood Star.

Hey Carlo, yes, I will be there. I'll try and get some photos to share with the forum.
    Darin

I wish. Can anyone find out if there will be a virtual version of this that we can participate in?

Glad to read that you'll be there, Darrin! Have a great time for us!

Please tell Martha that the Russi Brothers send Love & Best Wishes.I have contributed through her management.

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Hey Carlo, yes, I will be there. I'll try and get some photos to share with the forum.
    Darin
    Please send Dr Reeves much love from Roberta in Panorama City, California.

Thank you kindly./

Fondly.

Roberta

Leaving soon for Detroit, I'll do my best to send along everyone's regards to Martha.
    Darin

Hello All,
    Returned a short time ago from the Motor City. We had a great time today with Martha. She was in wonderful spirits and was a joy to hang out with, everyone there was dancing or singing along with her at some point. I took along my 60th Anniversary poster which she personalized to me and also signed an extra copy I had of Heat Wave. Tony and Roberta, I relayed your messages to Martha, I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget! There was always a line for the autograph table so it was a nice turn out for the event. I ended up chatting with Dennis Edwards' daughter, who is Martha's goddaughter for quite some time. Most all of us are aware of the gold heart shaped necklace Martha always wears with the X's and O's as a heart. Her goddaughter is actually the one that bought it for her about 25 years ago, when she was going to be away from Martha for some time and with this necklace Martha would always have her heart. I thought that was a very neat story! Martha rarely takes the necklace off. It was interesting to learn as well that the children of many Motown stars get together about once a year for a reunion. Dennis' daughter told me that Mr. Gordy always called her "Marbles" because of her eyes!

Anyways, it was nice to chat with other Martha and Motown fans throughout the event. There were also some youngsters very excited to meet Martha, so the music will live on!
    Darin

Name:  Martha 1.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  Martha 2.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  92.0 KB

Name:  Martha 3.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  95.6 KB
    Last edited by DWSheffer; 04-15-2023 at 05:21 PM.

Very nice Darin

I love Martha's laugh at the beginning of this short video! It was originally advertised that they were going to play the Vandellas first two albums but they actually played everything, which was great. A song would come on and Martha would jump up and start singing it, asking everyone to join along and dance. What a great memory!
    I've never attempted to post a personal video on here, so hopefully this works!
    Darin

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g6z...usp=share_link

Thanks Darin. Great photos & great video, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Hello All,
    Returned a short time ago from the Motor City. We had a great time today with Martha. She was in wonderful spirits and was a joy to hang out with, everyone there was dancing or singing along with her at some point. I took along my 60th Anniversary poster which she personalized to me and also signed an extra copy I had of Heat Wave. Tony and Roberta, I relayed your messages to Martha, I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget! There was always a line for the autograph table so it was a nice turn out for the event. I ended up chatting with Dennis Edwards' daughter, who is Martha's goddaughter for quite some time. Most all of us are aware of the gold heart shaped necklace Martha always wears with the X's and O's as a heart. Her goddaughter is actually the one that bought it for her about 25 years ago, when she was going to be away from Martha for some time and with this necklace Martha would always have her heart. I thought that was a very neat story! Martha rarely takes the necklace off. It was interesting to learn as well that the children of many Motown stars get together about once a year for a reunion. Dennis' daughter told me that Mr. Gordy always called her "Marbles" because of her eyes!

Anyways, it was nice to chat with other Martha and Motown fans throughout the event. There were also some youngsters very excited to meet Martha, so the music will live on!
    Darin

Name:  Martha 1.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  Martha 2.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  92.0 KB

Name:  Martha 3.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  95.6 KB
    Thank you my dear handsome and kind gentleman. That was real nice of you to give Dr Reeves my message. Theres nobody more gracious and kind to her beloved fans and you my dear have made my day. The photos are real nice.

Yours with every good wish and my sincere gratitude.

Roberta

Darin, congrats on a day you'll remember fondly for the rest of your life! Just look at the glowing expression on Martha's face! She radiates joy and appreciation in knowing who her true fans are. And look at you -- in the first of your two photos together, you're radiating the same joy in return! Thanks for sharing your once-in-a-lifetime moment.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-16-2023 at 12:43 AM.

Thank you for sharing with us, Darin! You both look great! Love the video too! Martha does love her fans I wish I could have been there yesterday...if she ever does another one, hopefully next time. If they played all of her albums, then it sounds like the meet and greet went beyond the initially advertised time of 12 to 2 pm. Glad to read that it was a great turnout! Looking forward to getting my 60th anniversary print. Great idea with bringing it along yesterday, to get it personalized. I hope she was able to raise a solid amount of funds yesterday for her Walk of Fame star.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-16-2023 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I would guess Carlo I have one of very few prints that will be personalized. I too was glad I thought to bring it along! I think she did well yesterday with the fundraiser. The post on the record shops FB sounded like autographs and photos with Martha were free, but they weren't. I didn't mind paying as I knew where the money was going. The only "free" autographs were if you purchased a Vandellas item from the record shop, but they had raised the prices on those as well to help with the fundraiser. They offered a reissue of "Watchout!" and a compilation Vandellas CD.

I forgot to mention I was talking with Martha's manager Chris Roe and he said since there was such a strong demand for the first limited edition print, they have commissioned another different one to be coming out very soon. I believe he said there were less than 5 remaining of the 60th anniversary print already released.

In the social media posts I had seen online from Martha's accounts, they had mentioned that there would be autographs and memoribilia for sale, which led me to believe that nothing would be free. It's good that she still autographed your Heatwave album, in light of you having already purchased the 60th anniversary print. You definitely deserved it, being the supportive fan that you are, and I'm sure she knows and appreciates that!

Glad to read that a new limited edition print has been commissioned! I haven't even received the first one yet and I'm already interested lol.