[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Miracles-Four Classic Albums on 2CDs [4/19/2024-Cherry Red UK]

Info from Cherry Red UK-

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles: What Love Has Joined Together/A Pocket Full of Miracles/One Dozen Roses/Flying High Together, 2CD

Definitive 2CD remastered edition from SoulMusic Records/The Second Disc comprising four rare 1970-1972 albums and bonus tracks from Motown legends Smokey Robinson And The Miracles!
    Two bonus tracks, ‘[You’ve Got Me] Looking Through the Eyes of Love’ and ‘Paper People’ also make their CD debut.

DISC ONE
    WHAT LOVE HAS JOINED TOGETHER [Expanded Edition]
    A POCKET FULL OF MIRACLES
    1 What Love Has Joined Together
    2 My Cherie Amour
    3 If This World Were Mine
    4 You’ve Made Me So Very Happy
    5 This Guy’s In Love With You
    6 And I Love Her
    7 [You’ve Got Me] Looking Through The Eyes Of Love
    8 Paper People
    9 Flower Girl
    10 Who’s Gonna Take The Blame
    11 Darling Dear
    12 You’ve Got The Love I Need
    13 Get Ready
    14 Bridge Over Troubled Water
    15 Something/Something You Got
    16 Point It Out
    17 Don’t Take It So Hard
    18 Backfire
    19 The Reel Of Time
    20 Wishful Thinking
    DISC TWO
    ONE DOZEN ROSES/ FLYING HIGH TOGETHER
    1 When Sundown Comes
    2 No Wonder Love’s A Wonder
    3 The Tears Of A Clown
    4 Satisfaction
    5 Crazy About The La La La
    6 Cecilia
    7 I Don’t Blame You At All
    8 That Girl
    9 Faces
    10 I Love You Dear
    11 Oh Baby Baby I Love You
    12 The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game
    13 I Can’t Stand To See You Cry
    14 Theme From Love Story
    15 We’ve Come Too Far To End It Now
    16 Flying High Together
    17 With Your Love Came
    18 It Will Be Alright
    19 Oh Girl [Album Version]
    20 You Ain’t Livin’ Till You’re Lovin’

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles: What Love Has Joined Together/A Pocket Full of Miracles/One Dozen Roses/Flying High Together, 2CD - Cherry Red Records

Last edited by Motown Eddie; 01-26-2024 at 06:53 PM.

It totally baffles me why a company like Cherryred.co.uk is able to release a CD such as this.

Here is the $64,000 question of the past several years. Why oh why can't Cherryred get approval to release the Supremes Expanded Edition that we have been waiting for forever and it appears that it will never be released. Why can't Cherryred accomplish this?

It is great that this set is coming out. I ignored Miracles cds when Motown released them in the 90s and when I got around to wanting some, the prices on eBay were ridiculous.

This is great news. I purchased the last three albums from iTunes several years ago, but I would like to have the physical format in my collection. Also, I find that I enjoy listening to music in physical formats than on my digital device [[iPhone).

Have all of Smokey R & The Miracles albums now made it onto CD with this release?

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Have all of Smokey R & The Miracles albums now made it onto CD with this release?
    Yes; all of Smokey Robinson & The Miracles albums will have been released on CD with release of this set. In fact, this collection is the first time that these albums are making it to CD [except for What Love Has Joined Together which been had released on CD in the early '90s].

Great news! Looking forward to this.

Well what a turn up for the books - and very welcome at that. Some cracking songs included [[and some mundane?) but this will be a must for me. Hope it sells well - quite often these things get sold out and then the price gougers step in. Great news for a Friday.

What fantastic news! I think Smokey’s songwriting and vocals were at their peak during their last years together as a group. And the prices on “What Love Has” from its long ago CD release are ridiculous! Can’t wait to hear all these again! I love Cherry Red releases.

Oh goodie! I already have "What Love Has Joined Together" on CD. The other 3, I bought as downloads and burnt them to CD. Now I get to buy them all over again.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 01-27-2024 at 04:17 AM.

Does anyone have an idea of shipping charges to the US from the UK? A friend sent a book from Germany last year that cost 47 Euros to ship and then sat in US customs at JFK for four weeks. Maybe the package will become available through US Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of shipping charges to the US from the UK? A friend sent a book from Germany last year that cost 47 Euros to ship and then sat in US customs at JFK for four weeks. Maybe the package will become available through US Amazon.
    Cherry Red makes all of their releases available through Amazon.com and other music vendors in the USA so there's no need to order from them directly. Amazon should be posting pre-orders for this collection in the coming weeks.

Great News. Always yearned for "Pocketful..." on CD. Great price £14.99 and my being in UK, no extortionate postage /tax/duty to make it unaffordable.

I'm still waiting for the yet to be released "Greatest Hits From The Beginning" stereo and mono versions!

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    I'm still waiting for the yet to be released "Greatest Hits From The Beginning" stereo and mono versions!
    I know most of Motown is true stereo, but I thought I had read that this album had some fake stereo cuts on it. I haven’t played them side-by-side to compare them. Do you happen to know?

I believe I read that in the liner notes for their lost and found disc, I forget the name of it at the moment. I know it included several of the tracks from the “from the beginning“ album which had become hard to find.

Rarewaves-US often offers free shipping to the US but their Record is spotty and I’ve had bad experiences with their packages going missing. They also don’t give any refund or a replacement for anything if things get lost or misdirected, as does Zoverstocks which to me is a much more reliable seller Who has quickly sent a replacement disk for anything which was lost on route to me in the past. But as someone else reported, you should be able to buy this set directly in the US.

Kenneth, I'm surprised to read that you've had bad experiences with Rarewaves. I've ordered from them a handful of times and haven't had any issues. In the future, I would recommend paying PayPal, as you can easily file a claim and get your money back, if something goes missing/undelivered. ImportCDs.com is another great merchant that I have used a lot over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I know most of Motown is true stereo, but I thought I had read that this album had some fake stereo cuts on it. I haven’t played them side-by-side to compare them. Do you happen to know?

I believe I read that in the liner notes for their lost and found disc, I forget the name of it at the moment. I know it included several of the tracks from the “from the beginning“ album which had become hard to find.
    I have that Lost And Found CD from Smokey & Co, it's called Along Came Love. Released in 1999, the collection has several of those early Miracles recordings [some of them pre-dating Motown] along with a few previously unrelased cuts. I used to have a copy of the From The Beginning LP [in stereo] but I don't remember any of the tracks having 'fake stereo' [I do recall the stereo LP having an alternate mix of "I Have To Dance To Keep From Crying" & and a different take of "I Like It Like That"].

And I agree with tji that it would be very nice to have the From The Beginning collection reissued in Mono & Stereo.

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Along Came Love [1958-1964] | Releases | Discogs
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 01-28-2024 at 03:15 PM.

...unless I'm mistaken ...they've missed 3 tracks off the Flying High Together album:

Betcha By Golly, Wow
    Got To Be There
    We Had A Love So Strong

https://www.discogs.com/release/2331...-High-Together

Grape

Good eye, Grape. It certainly does appear that those tracks are missing. I will check with Cherry Red to see if this is indeed the case.

CLUNK! Down to earth with a bump!

Cherry Red got back to me very quickly and confirmed that those 3 tracks will be included on this release and they were an accidental omission from the tracklisting that was published on their website. They are going to make the update shortly. Thanks for pointing that out, Grape!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Cherry Red got back to me very quickly and confirmed that those 3 tracks will be included on this release and they were an accidental omission from the tracklisting that was published on their website. They are going to make the update shortly. Thanks for pointing that out, Grape!
    Just checked with the Cherry Red site and they've already made the corrections to the trackisting. Thanks to Grape & Carlo.

Phew, as you were Corporal Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Just checked with the Cherry Red site and they've already made the corrections to the trackisting. Thanks to Grape & Carlo.
    They made the correction in the description tab but the tracklisting tab still does not include the full listing. Rather than yet another person contacting them, would Carlo be willing to alert them about the 3rd tab?

I've let them know, PJ...thanks!

...many thanks Carlo for sorting it out...!

Grape

And while we're at it, there's another error in the tracklisting for The Miracles Collection. For Disc One they have track #18 listed as "Backfire The Reel Of Time" however "Backfire" & "The Reel Of Time" are two different songs. Cherry Red should correct that on their site as well.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 01-30-2024 at 07:14 AM.

And while we're at it, there's another error in the tracklisting for The Miracles Collection. For Disc One they have track #18 listed as "Backfire The Reel Of Time" however "Backfire" & "The Reel Of Time" are two different songs. Cherry Red should correct that on their site as well.
    Gosh, time for Cherry Red to add us to their payroll

They better know who they’re dealing with!

Thanks as well for the other information Carlo!

I have that Lost And Found CD from Smokey & Co, it's called Along Came Love. Released in 1999, the collection has several of those early Miracles recordings [some of them pre-dating Motown] along with a few previously unrelased cuts. I used to have a copy of the From The Beginning LP [in stereo] but I don't remember any of the tracks having 'fake stereo' [I do recall the stereo LP having an alternate mix of "I Have To Dance To Keep From Crying" & and a different take of "I Like It Like That"].

And I agree with tji that it would be very nice to have the From The Beginning collection reissued in Mono & Stereo.

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Along Came Love [1958-1964] | Releases | Discogs
    It is a great set. I love that early, unvarnished, innocent sound on the earliest of the Motown albums. Most of the major groups very first albums were like that, but in the Miracles case several of their early releases had that pre-Motown, almost doo-wop sound.

Gosh, time for Cherry Red to add us to their payroll
    One of you could be the next Billie Jean Brown!

Is "Happy Landing" in stereo somewhere? I should know - but drawing a blank this morning....

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    Is "Happy Landing" in stereo somewhere? I should know - but drawing a blank this morning....
    Nope; According to the Don't Forget The Motorcity site, The Miralces' "Happy Landing" hasn't been released in stereo anywhere. I don't know if Motown has a stereo master for the song in it's vaults [or a multi-track master for it that can be mixed to stereo].
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 02-03-2024 at 05:42 AM.

Amazon US has this offering for $ 21 as a pre-order to be released around April 22nd.
    Soulmusic.com has it for $ 19 on pre-order, available April 19th.
    Last edited by nabob; 02-18-2024 at 04:10 PM.

Amazon US has this offering for $ 21 as a pre-order to be released around April 22nd.
    Soulmusic.com has it for $ 19 on pre-order, available April 19th.
    That's a great price!

Nope; According to the Don't Forget The Motorcity site, The Miralces' "Happy Landing" hasn't been released in stereo anywhere. I don't know if Motown has a stereo master for the song in it's vaults [or a multi-track master for it that can be mixed to stereo].
    There are multis for both V1 and V2 of Happy Landing but neither have been mixed to stereo according to paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    There are multis for both V1 and V2 of Happy Landing but neither have been mixed to stereo according to paperwork
    Thanks Paul for the info about The Miracles' "Happy Landing". I don't think we'll ever get to hear that song in full stereo unless UME/Motown does another collection for the group's early work [which isn't likely].

Does anyone know if this is still on track for release April 19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Starguard4 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is still on track for release April 19 ?
    According to the Cherry Red website, The Miracles Collection is still on track to be released on April 19th. Also both Amazon USA & Amazon UK have the set being released on April 19th as well.

Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - A Pocket Full Of Miracles / One Dozen Roses / Flying High Together / What Love Has Joined Together - Amazon.com Music

A POCKET FULL OF MIRACLES/ONE DOZEN ROSES/FLYING HIGH TOGETHER/WHAT LOVE HAS JOINED TOGETHER: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 04-10-2024 at 04:44 PM.

And here's an article about the upcoming Miracles Collection from Adam White's West Grand Blog.

A Return Flight, with Love and Roses — Adam White [adampwhite.com].

I just received a message from Amazon, notifying me that delivery of the new Smokey Robinson & The Miracles CD 4-fer has been postponed until Monday, April 29. Drat the luck!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-18-2024 at 02:15 PM.

I received my CD on Wednesday the 17th from Soul Music Records & Second Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    I received my CD on Wednesday the 17th from Soul Music Records & Second Disc.
    Really? Wow! It must be strictly an Amazon thing. Well, glad to hear you got your copy, as scheduled. How is it? Are you pleased with the sound quality and presentation?

I preordered through Dusty Grove and received my copy early last week. Have not had the chance to play it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I just received a message from Amazon, notifying me that delivery of the new Smokey Robinson & The Miracles CD 4-fer has been postponed until Monday, April 29. Drat the luck!
    Same thing here. Oh well, I can wait. Also Amazon.com [US] is now showing that the collection is "temporarily out of stock". At least that shows this set is In Demand.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 04-19-2024 at 04:34 AM.

...mine arrived today ...can't wait to play...! 👍🏻

Grape

'temporarily out of stock' usually means that they never had any in stock in the first place!

Same thing here. Oh well, I can wait. Also Amazon.com [US] is now showing that the collection is "temporarily out of stock". At least that shows this set is In Demand.
    That's weird, as I pre-ordered my copy way back when the option to pre-order became available. How could they have since sold out before delivering my pre-ordered copy? [[And same with your pre-ordered copy, Eddie.)
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-20-2024 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    'temporarily out of stock' usually means that they never had any in stock in the first place!
    Yeah, I believe you're right, Copley. It's been so long since we've had any Motown-related product to pre-order, I guess I forgot how it works!