[REMOVE ADS]

We’re Always Saying Goodbye.

With the extremely sad loss of our beloved monarch yesterday, this song came to mind.
    It has to one of the most unusual songs Diana ever recorded, featuring not the genre of lyric normally associated with her. “All things are born knowing they’ll die” and “Life love and dreams end with a sigh” are a far cry from those love or positive message songs.
    Though It has a pretty melody and features a particularly lovely vocal from Diana, i can kind of understand why it remained in the vaults so long.

there are some beautiful melancholy songs in her catalog. It's My Turn is quite heartbreaking, someone leaving the comfort and security of a current situation [[if it it's really not the best place for her anyway) and forging out into the unknown. Do You Know is stunningly haunting. it's message could be interpreted as providing hope or questioning

I've always loved this - released at the right time this could have been massive in the UK but then who can ever tell what that right moment is!

I was quite stoic last night about our beloved Queen's sad passing but have been a basket case today.

My condolences to our forum friends from the UK and the commonwealth on the loss of Her Majesty. I have been a Royal watcher and "fan" for lack of a better term of the Royals since I was around 9 years old, although I remember seeing the Royal wedding on TV in 1981 when I was 5 years old. At any rate, I have a large collection of commemoratives and portraits of Queen Elizabeth and other royals of course. I am very fortunate to own two items signed by the Queen and Philip, their 1955 and 1965 Christmas cards. The 1965 card is quite special as she signed it "Lilibet", so we know this card was sent to someone VERY close and special to Her Majesty to be signed in such a manner. Last night I took the 1955 card off the wall and put it next to me and stared at it until I fell asleep......It's just hard to grasp we no longer have "our Queen".
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    My condolences to our forum friends from the UK and the commonwealth on the loss of Her Majesty. I have been a Royal watcher and "fan" for lack of a better term of the Royals since I was around 9 years old, although I remember seeing the Royal wedding on TV in 1981 when I was 5 years old. At any rate, I have a large collection of commemoratives and portraits of Queen Elizabeth and other royals of course. I am very fortunate to own two items signed by the Queen and Philip, their 1955 and 1965 Christmas cards. The 1965 card is quite special as she signed it "Lilibet", so we know this card was sent to someone VERY close and special to Her Majesty to be signed in such a manner. Last night I took the 1955 card off the wall and put it next to me and stared at it until I fell asleep......It's just hard to grasp we no longer have "our Queen".
    Darin
    She had been the queen my entire life. I remember well learning about her at school and of sitting around the tv at Christmas for the traditional queens speech. There will never be another like her. It seems indeed we’re always saying goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    I've always loved this - released at the right time this could have been massive in the UK but then who can ever tell what that right moment is!

I was quite stoic last night about our beloved Queen's sad passing but have been a basket case today.
    Chin up Flo, it was an incredible life well lived.

loved this song and dianas vocal. i think this could have fit nicely into last time i saw him album ,far better than anything that was used on it

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i think this could have fit nicely into last time i saw him album ,far better than anything that was used on it
    “Love Me” and “No One’s Gonna Be A Fool Forever” are also two beautiful ballads.