[REMOVE ADS]

Steve Arrington "Dancin' In The Key Of Life [Expanded]" [11/18/2022-Iconoclassic]

Steve Arrington placed his spirituality front and center on his 1985 solo debut, Dancin' in the Key of Life, producing hit singles "Feel So Real" and the title track following four albums with Slave then two leading his own Steve Arrington's Hall of Fame. Shifting from bottom-heavy funk to embrace dance music, Dancin' in the Key of Life is a joyful Holy Ghost party. Arrington additionally stretches with songs that speak poignantly to sadder realities via a soul-stirring approach to storytelling. "My spiritual pursuits have always been part of my life. As time moved on, they came more and more to the forefront. I felt them and just went with them. Many people have been influential to me - John Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders, George Harrison, Carlos Santana - in terms of being secular musicians who allowed their spirituality to flourish in a way that their music had to reflect. So that's what I decided to do. It wasn't calculated. It was just time." First time on CD! 5 bonus tracks.

1. Feel So Real
    2. Dancin' In The Key Of Life
    3. She Just Don't Know
    4. Willie Mae
    5. Gasoline
    6. Stand With Me
    7. Brown Baby Boy
    8. Turn Up The Love
    Bonus Tracks:
    9. Feel So Real [Vocal/Extended Version]
    10. Feel So Real [Instrumental/Extended Version]
    11. Dancin' In The Key Of Life [Vocal/Special Remix]
    12. Dancin' In The Key Of Life [Special Remix By Timmy Regisford And Boyd Jarvis]
    13. Dancin' In The Key Of Life [The Megamix]

Amazon US-
    Steve Arrington - Dancin' in the Key of Life - Expanded Edition - Amazon.com Music

I've been a big Steve Arrington fan going back to his days with Slave. Slave was a good band when he started drumming for them and after Just A Touch Of Love, he was as much a part of their signature sound as terribly underrated-to-be-so-influential bassist Mark Adams. I enjoyed this album a lot. His first solo record still gets a lot of play through my headphones and in my car.

Thanks for the post and also for sharing your views on a unique singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Thanks for the post and also for sharing your views on a unique singer.
    Thanks for the compliment Jerry, however, I just copied the description of Dancing In The Key Of Life from Amazon's pre-order page for the CD so I can't take any credit for those views on Steve Arrington's work.