[REMOVE ADS]

Queen Elizabeth II R.I.P.

To all our members and friends in the UK, my sincere condolences at the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. The longest reigning monarch in Britain’s history. A world icon. Rest In Peace.

Just heard it, my condolences, long live the queen!

Yes SS.....an incredible woman with the strongest sense of duty ever.
    Rest in Heaven .....
    To all across the pond I'm so very sorry for your tremendous loss.

Im old enough to remember her as a princess. I have spent most of my life witnessing her reign. I always liked her. How could I not like someone who put up with chumps buffoonery. She will be missed by many and my deepest condolences to the good citizens of Great Britain. Simply put.....she done good.

I remember Princess Elizabeth's ascension to the throne after the death of her
    father King George and later watching her coronation on TV. She has been our queen most of our lives as Americans -- majestic and grand. We all feel a sense of loss. My heartfelt sympathy to our British friends.
    Last edited by ralpht; 09-11-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    ...an incredible woman with the strongest sense of duty ever.
    Indeed, when she said “I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong” she meant it.

My wife, who left Mauritius in 1969, is devastated.
    As a boy, I grew up in Windsor and our family felt a special bond with the Queen.

Truly sorry to hear about the passing of Queen Elizabeth II and My condolences all everyone in the UK at this sad time.

We knew something was wrong when they interrupted the House of Commons to advise she was under medical supervision. It went quiet as the family headed up to Scotland with TV stations going into pad it out mode with most presenters dressed in black. Harry was still missing when it cut to Huw Edwards announcing she'd gone. I'm neither pro nor anti royalist, but the Queen was almost above royalty even. I had a jolt inwardly as he announced it. Looking on other UK forums, I wasn't alone in being more upset than I expected. Friday at work was kind of subdued and I'm still working it out in my head/heart.
    I'm not speaking on behalf of the UK but thanks to everyone for their kind words.

The only monarch most of us in the Commonwealth have ever known.

Thank you for your many many years of service, Your Majesty.

HM the Queen explains the Imperial State Crown