[REMOVE ADS]

Major Motown acts with unreleased digital albums??

With the recent digital release of The Miracles "Don't Cha Love It" from 1975 and "The Power of Music" from 1976, I believe this now completes their discography by having all of their albums officially released either on CD or streaming.

It got me thinking about the Diana Ross & The Supremes and The Temptations release "On Broadway", which to my knowledge is still not officially available digitally.

What other major Motown acts still have albums unreleased on CD or streaming services?

Gladys Knight and the Pips' ALL IN A KNIGHT'S WORK [1970].

Originals - Definitions and Natural Resources?

Martha & the Vandellas - Live!
    ...it was on streaming/iTunes for a day and hasn't resurfaced since lol.

I imagine that [out of the major Motown acts] Junior Walker has the most number of albums as yet un-reissued on CD or online platforms. That's Sax Appeal [1976], Whopper Bopper Show Stopper [1976], Smooth [1978] and Blow The House Down [1983].
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-08-2022 at 06:40 AM.

It seems that Bonnie Pointer's Motown albums and High Inergy's albums are not available for download though not major Motown acts. It would also be nice to see Marvin Gaye's The Marvin Gaye Collection released similar to what they did with the Temptations box set with a rarities only edition.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    It seems that Bonnie Pointer's Motown albums and High Inergy's albums are not available for download though not major Motown acts. It would also be nice to see Marvin Gaye's The Marvin Gaye Collection released similar to what they did with the Temptations box set with a rarities only edition.
    I agree aaron!

It’s such a shame that High Inergy have no albums available to download/stream. They do have one album on CD, 1977's Turnin’ On, but it appears to be unavailable everywhere [or priced at Ł90 on Amazon].
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-08-2022 at 07:14 AM.

There are also quite a few recent Motown CDs that are not yet available digitally, including…

The Fantastic Four's Lost Motown Album [2015]
    Barbara Randolph's The Collection [2003]
    Cellarful of Motown Vol. 5 [2020]
    Stoney & Meatloaf's Everything Under The Sun: The Motown Recordings [2022]
    Blinky's Heart Full of Soui: The Motown Anthology [2019]
    Billy Eckstine's The Motown Years [2004]
    Marv Johnson's I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose: The Complete Motown Recordings 1964-71 [2011]
    The Monitors' Say You! The Motown Anthology [2011]
    Eddie Holland's It Moves Me: The Complete Recordings 1958-64 [2012]

And I think pretty much all of Ace Records' Motown compilation CDs [Motown Guys,
    Motown Girls, Instrumentals, etc].
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-08-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Originals - Definitions and Natural Resources?
    Actually, The Originals match Junior Walker for Motown albums not yet reissued in any form!! Naturally Together [1970], Definitions [1972], Game Called Love [1974] and Communique [1976].

Their post-Motown albums Another Time, Another Place [1978] and Come Away With Me [1979] have been reissued on CD but not digitally.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-08-2022 at 08:17 AM.

It was nice getting the Jr. Walker & The All Stars box set a couple of years ago because there were unreleased reissues on that. It would be nice if we got something similar for Junior Walker.
    Last edited by MotownMichael64; 09-08-2022 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling

The following albums by Jermaine Jackson are not available on CD or digitally.
    My Name Is Jermaine, Feel The Fire, Frontiers, Jermaine [[2nd Time Title Used),
    I Like Your Style & Let Me Tickle Your Fancy.

Syreeta's last album The Spell is also not available on CD or digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Bonnie Pointer's red album was released on CD. The purple album has not been released in any form. I have my own rip of the LP but would love to get a quality digital release.

Bonnie Pointer 2 has been available on CD [[unofficial release), My copy came from Mexico but it's a European release - here it is

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...77720299712068

There's a copy available on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/release/2005...Bonnie-Pointer
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 09-08-2022 at 03:14 PM.

A couple of years back there was the quadrophonic mix of the Jackson 5's Greatest Hits [[mixed down to stereo) which came out on vinyl only. I'd have jumped on a CD release but since I don't have the facility to play vinyl just now, it remains on my wish list.

Jr. Walker`s "Live" Soul SS. 7o5. Has not been on CD yet although the cover has!

Cellarful of Motown Vol. 5 - now available digitally

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    There are also quite a few recent Motown CDs that are not yet available digitally, including…

The Fantastic Four's Lost Motown Album [2015]
    Barbara Randolph's The Collection [2003]
    Cellarful of Motown Vol. 5 [2020]
    Stoney & Meatloaf's Everything Under The Sun: The Motown Recordings [2022]
    Blinky's Heart Full of Soui: The Motown Anthology [2019]
    Billy Eckstine's The Motown Years [2004]
    Marv Johnson's I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose: The Complete Motown Recordings 1964-71 [2011]
    The Monitors' Say You! The Motown Anthology [2011]
    Eddie Holland's It Moves Me: The Complete Recordings 1958-64 [2012]

And I think pretty much all of Ace Records' Motown compilation CDs [Motown Guys,
    Motown Girls, Instrumentals, etc].

According to The Second Disc site, Cellarful of Motown Vol. 5 is now available digitally. This is a very recent update.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownMichael64 View Post
    According to The Second Disc site, Cellarful of Motown Vol. 5 is now available digitally. This is a very recent update.
    I just noticed this on YouTube! Great news, but I’m still at a loss for how/why some CDs like this are released digitally and others not [and why this one took over 2 years to appear on download sites!]. Gotta get this music out there for all to hear…