[REMOVE ADS]

Freddi Pool does the Supremes

I am out of touch a little is Freddi singing as a solo now ?

Nothing to get to excited about by the sound of it.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I am out of touch a little is Freddi singing as a solo now ?
    No; this was the period between leaving the FLOS and joining 3D. At least a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    No; this was the period between leaving the FLOS and joining 3D. At least a decade ago.

Still disgraceful. She was a replacement or a replacement of a replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Still disgraceful. She was a replacement or a replacement of a replacement...
    We have to use the services of Ancestry.com to see how many of these people have legitimate links to the original trio.

Where is Chantel Baker when we need her?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Where is Chantel Baker when we need her?
    On a makeshift stage in an AutoZone parking lot, perhaps?

It wasn't meant to be a Supreme show, just a tribute. Freddi was the one who had the least connection to the Supremes in the FLOs-Sundray was almost one instead they chose Lynda,Joyce was the choice had they gone on. Still, Freddi has sung background for Jean Terrell and others. I don't think Freddi has ever claimed to be a Supreme or tried to bill herself as such. I don't think any of the former members of the group ever had a problem with her. She was just singing these songs in between her Flos and 3 degrees gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    On a makeshift stage in an AutoZone parking lot, perhaps?
    OK....you gave me the laugh I needed today. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    OK....you gave me the laugh I needed today. Thank you.
    My pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    It wasn't meant to be a Supreme show, just a tribute. Freddi was the one who had the least connection to the Supremes in the FLOs-Sundray was almost one instead they chose Lynda,Joyce was the choice had they gone on. Still, Freddi has sung background for Jean Terrell and others. I don't think Freddi has ever claimed to be a Supreme or tried to bill herself as such. I don't think any of the former members of the group ever had a problem with her. She was just singing these songs in between her Flos and 3 degrees gigs.
    Thank’s for the info Jim. That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Thank’s for the info Jim. That would make sense.
    And so the Former And Never In Ladies Of The Supremes have almost as complicated lineup as the real group

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    And so the Former And Never In Ladies Of The Supremes have almost as complicated lineup as the real group
    Friend of a friend.

Men used to be in a Supreme, can they start a group?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Paul, you've been a fan for years. What exactly is so complicated with the lineup/s? I'll certainly post the different incarnations if you have difficulty following.

Now the Temptations, woof! That's a hard one to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I never heard her once claim herself to be a Supreme, and I imagine a Supremes segment was just a small portion of her show. As I said in my first response, I'm guessing this show was in the short period between leaving the FLOS and joining 3D. I have no issue with an artist singing a few Supremes songs. Michael McDonald, Phil Collins, Human Nature, and many others have made and continued careers out of singing Motown covers. Of all the FLOS, Freddi has probably done the best career wise in recent years. I don't know where the FLOS are playing these days, but 3D always seem to be on tour overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    We have to use the services of Ancestry.com to see how many of these people have legitimate links to the original trio.
    Can you imagine if that were true for the Tempts?