[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Fuzzy haskins

Fuzzy haskins

Vital information from Lonnie ChipStarr Greene.
    Wut up to All my Funky folks. Today I was happy,& sadden at the same time. As long as I’ve been affiliated with the PFunk family, Today Aug 10 2022 l met One of the original members of P-Funk Clarence” Fuzzy” Haskins. He’s had a Stroke.he’s barely coherent. He comes in,& out, but we enjoyed each other’s company. I made him laugh telling him things about how I came into the Funk.He smiled when I showed the Nurses him singing in Houston in 1976. The rehabilitation staff couldn’t believe it was him.A shot out to Ms Kena, Ms Phyllis,& Ms Amelia, thank all of you for your assistance.
    To All you true Funk Fans,& My Funky Folks, everyday people are leaving,& none of us know when our time will arrive. I’m asking all of you to put,& keep FUZZY in your prayers. While he’s still here with us, Take the time to send him a letter, or card to show him that he’s loved by his Funky family and his Funky fans. I’ll be there with him 2,to 3 times a week. The address is
    Clarence “Fuzzy “ Hawkins
    21401 Mack Ave room 204
    Grosse Pointe Mi
    Let’s make this happen. May our Heavenly Father continue to guide, and bless all of you. Thank you for your time
    Kount Funkula
    Name:  fuzzy.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  93.7 KB

Thoughts and prayers to a great talent! I’ll be sending a card to him.

I noticed in the above address his last name is misspelled, probably because of auto correct. In case anyone else is inclined to send him greetings, I thought I should point that out. Of course I’m sure it would get to him anyway, but his name should be correct. It is “Haskins”.
    Last edited by kenneth; 09-02-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I noticed in the above address his last name is misspelled, probably because of auto correct. In case anyone else is inclined to send him greetings, I thought I should point that out. Of course I’m sure it would get to him anyway, but his name should be correct. It is “Haskins”.
    I've sent a card to him. It didn't come back.

Am I right in thinking Fuzzy sang most of the leads until Eddie Hazel etc came aboard, with George himself also fronting more songs?