[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    smark21 Guest

Diana Ross pulls diva attitude on an interviewer

Ho-hum, here we go again......

RossHolloway Guest
    I'm sure this is exactly how this event went down..no details were left out or one-sided. And how often does Barbara Walters ask for autographs?

What do all these "divas" have in common? Rotten personalities.

Can't wait to see what the Ross apologists come up with this time!
    Last edited by soulster; 06-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Silly old bitch! Thank god I still like her music. In my record collection I have murderers, rapists, thieves, wife beaters, drunks, junkies, silly jumped up divas of both sexes, prostitutes, sex offenders etc. It's what's in the groove that counts!
    LOL!!!! Stop it! hehehehehe!!!!

I'll have to watch it at home but she should just borrow Patti's bodyguards and have them beat the shit out of the guy.

I'm kinda surprised that a free-lance writer for "Autograph Magazine" would have been granted an interview with Diana Ross so easily. Can't say I'm surprised with the way she reacted...

This is what I found amusing. From comments section:

Comment by Bruce Donaldson on March 21, 2011 at 1:03am

"Back in 1975, I worked backstage at the Don Kirshner's first Rock Awards at the Santa Monica Civic. Diana Ross,Cher, and Elton John were the hosts of the show. I witness Mrs.Ross temper when during the live t.v.show Elton John had said something on stage that she didn't like, when they came off stage right in front of me she slapped Elton John up side the head, his glasses went flying while she cussed him out. Needless to say I didn't bother her for an autograph! ."

RossHolloway Guest
    I'd love to hear Diana Ross's side of the story, something tells me its vastly different than what this so-called journalist has to say. Remember there are two sides to every story...

I don't believe a word of the Elton John/Diana Ross slapping story. Given Elton's DIVA reputation coupled with Diana's fiery personality I think he'd have slapped her right back and the biggest cat fight would have ensued.

If this story were true it would have been in every Diana and Elton John biography ever published.

I always thought Diana Ross loves kids?

RossHolloway Guest
    Did anyone check out that website? Dude is a blogger and not a journalist. I'd bet good money he lied to the publicist to get an interview with Diana Ross. The woman has been in the business for over 50 years, she knows when something doesn't smell right and when someone is trying to pull a fast one. Dude is bogus.

Another stupid thread

Can we concentrate on the music? These are the kinds of threads that put me off being on SDF.

The story is from March and is from some blog.

Talk about how great the new Final Sessions are . . . I think we waited long enough for that.

If this story is true it is no reason to be nasty like that. It seems that almost all Motown stars take time even during inconvenient situations to wave, smile or acknowledge a fan. Heck after finishing dinner with some friends at Andiamos in the Renn Cen, as we got up to leave for the hockey game, I saw Martha eating dinner with some staffers [[when she was on the city council). I smiled waved hi and figured that was it. She then got up took me by the hand out to the lobby and talked for a few minutes. Smokey once stopped and interview in Greek Town as we waved to him and spent a few minutes. At Raynoma's books signing we went down to see her but she was ready leave. She asked her assistant to hold her waiting limo driver and signed our books and talked for a few minutes. And of course, Mary Wilson has always been fan friendly as well.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    Can we concentrate on the music? These are the kinds of threads that put me off being on SDF.

The story is from March and is from some blog.

Talk about how great the new Final Sessions are . . . I think we waited long enough for that.
    AMEN. I've been listening to the Final Sessions all weekend!

Hmm if this story is true shame on her. I have never heard of Ross being rude to famous interviewers [[Babs, Oprah.etc) but I have heard of these incidents with lower level interviewers. Diana is wise though and there may be two sides to this story but hey who knows whats Upside Down! I find it shocking that after 60 plus years she wont answer any questions about the Supremes though that is her pedigree.

Can we keep in mind that Diana is human just like the rest of us and just like the rest of us there are some who like to keep to themselves and have other people mind their business. Diana has always been that way right back to the 60s, a very private person and yes Mary is very open and friendly but thats just her personality and Flo from what I understand was the same way, not everyone is raised in the same family.

Please, continue this conversation in the DetroitSoulFulClubhouse, where there is room for trivia...

Kudos to Miss. Ross for acting on her intuition! She clearly sensed something was wrong and she nipped it!

smark21 Guest
    That guy did himself in when rather than vouching for his professionalism after she dismissed him for being too young looking, he instead asked her for an autograph. Even if he is a writer for "Autograph" magazine. But he got a bit of revenge by writing about her behavior. Though it won't change the mind of her die hard fans who will excuse her anything. Still, her behvior was stank,though she hasn't completely mellowed and can still be a bitch. But if she's still interested in competing with the likes of Patti LaBelle, next time something like this happens, she better a full on beatdown just to prove to Patti she's still the meanest diva out there.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that a free-lance writer for "Autograph Magazine" would have been granted an interview with Diana Ross so easily. Can't say I'm surprised with the way she reacted...
    I can't believe the guy would still want her autograph after she insulted him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    Kudos to Miss. Ross for acting on her intuition! She clearly sensed something was wrong and she nipped it!
    I knew someone would come out and try to defend her.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I don't believe a word of the Elton John/Diana Ross slapping story. Given Elton's DIVA reputation coupled with Diana's fiery personality I think he'd have slapped her right back and the biggest cat fight would have ensued.

If this story were true it would have been in every Diana and Elton John biography ever published.
    Uh yeah well, of course you wouldn't believe it, so let's go to the tape. At roughly .44 sec into this clip, Elton makes a quip that "that way I can tell her to cluck off ..." referring to Diane. Check out the look on Ross' face right at that moment! She gave him the, "WTF?" look! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Uh yeah well, of course you wouldn't believe it, so let's go to the tape. At roughly .44 sec into this clip, Elton makes a quip that "that way I can tell her to cluck off ..." referring to Diane. Check out the look on Ross' face right at that moment! She gave him the, "WTF?" look! LOL!!!!

I have absolutely no idea where you are seeing dirty looks or any animosity between Diana and Elton.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I knew someone would come out and try to defend her.
    What was wrong that she sensed? I mean, shouldn't she have been happy that anyone was interested in interviewing her? From the sounds of things, the young man was the only one that was interested enough to want to interview her on that particular concert stop.

I don't believe this was made up. How else would he had known exactly what three subjects that were forbidden to address during the interview? This occurred in March. Didn't Oprah interview her in February and the same three subjects [[The Supremes, Berry Gordy and Michael Jackson) were never discussed?

I have absolutely no idea where you are seeing dirty looks or any animosity between Diana and Elton.
    Look again......

There's nothing there.

Didn't Oprah interview her in February and the same three subjects [[The Supremes, Berry Gordy and Michael Jackson) were never discussed?
    Uh, yeah, The Supremes and Berry WERE discussed.

smark21 Guest
    You can tell there's lots of hate going on between the two. Violence is about to erupt any moment.

uptight Guest
    The banter between Elton and Diana is clearly rehearsed. They are too professional to be chatting on their own on live television.

Quote Originally Posted by simplysupreme View Post
    There's nothing there.
    When one studies Miss Ross as expertly and as often as marv2 I suppose one sees things that others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    You can tell there's lots of hate going on between the two. Violence is about to erupt any moment.
    LOL smark21.

Uh, yeah, The Supremes and Berry WERE discussed.
    Exactly simplysupreme. Every time Oprah said you when discussing The Supremes, Diana replied by saying we and that happened at least five or six times. She also spoke very fondly of Mr, Gordy.

When one studies Miss Ross as expertly and as often as marv2 I suppose one sees things that others don't.

You have to know these things.........LOL!

Oh yes, I've noticed.

smark21 Guest
    Exactly simplysupreme. Every time Oprah said you when discussing The Supremes, Diana replied by saying we and that happened at least five or six times. She also spoke very fondly of Mr, Gordy.
    Also those in attendance for the taping reported there was a lot more discussion of The Supremes and Gordy than what made the broadcast, which focussed on Ross' family and Oprah.

uptight Guest
    Apparently the stipulation to avoid certain topics applied only to backstage interviews with young neophytes [[from a web blog called Autograph Magazine no less!) versus a television interview with Oprah. Wouldn't you rather trust Oprah to conduct the questions than some autograph-seeking punk?

Quote Originally Posted by uptight View Post
    Apparently the stipulation to avoid certain topics applied only to backstage interviews with young neophytes [[from a web blog called Autograph Magazine no less!) versus a television interview with Oprah. Wouldn't you rather trust Oprah to conduct the questions than some autograph-seeking punk?
    If I were Ross? Yeah! Because I'd know that Oprah looks at her as an idol and would gloss over any tough questions. Sure.....

Oh yes, I've noticed.
    Wasn't this, 1975 around the same time Ross hit Berry Gordy in the face hard enough to send his sunglasses flying also?

Sorry, all I saw was two Diva's on stage basking in their stardom. Sometimes if you looked too hard your mind creates mistakes. Anyway, Diana may ask TV interviewers to avoid certain topics most entertainers do. I don't know know why a one on one interview would have that clause but so be it. Sir Elton John has never been closed mouth about anything and would have mentioned any of this nonsense before now. WOW, doesn't he look extrememly thin at that awards show !!? LOVED IT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Sorry, all I saw was two Diva's on stage basking in their stardom. Sometimes if you looked too hard your mind creates mistakes. Anyway, Diana may ask TV interviewers to avoid certain topics most entertainers do. I don't know know why a one on one interview would have that clause but so be it. Sir Elton John has never been closed mouth about anything and would have mentioned any of this nonsense before now. WOW, doesn't he look extrememly thin at that awards show !!? LOVED IT !!!
    Maybe he mentioned it back in 1975? Maybe we can ask this guy Bruce Donaldson who said it happened and was an eyewitness to it for further detail or about other eyewitnesses?

RossHolloway Guest
    Maybe he mentioned it back in 1975? Maybe we can ask this guy Bruce Donaldson who said it happened and was an eyewitness to it for further detail or about other eyewitnesses?
    Who cares?

Thanks to whomever posted that ~~~They Look Good together !!! I remember that show and sitting in front of the TV watching.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Thanks to whomever posted that ~~~They Look Good together !!! I remember that show and sitting in front of the TV watching.

You're welcome. I watched it too.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Who cares?
    Well if anyone wanted to go further in verifying that this incidnet occurred, that is where I would start. With an eyewitness.

Then make that your little project marv2. Why not track down Bruce and ask him to give you details about the lady you are obsessed with and Elton John. And please take your time.

RossHolloway Guest
    Well if anyone wanted to go further in verifying that this incidnet occurred, that is where I would start. With an eyewitness.
    No I mean, who REALLY cares? A majority of folks on this site are about celebrating Motown and sharing their thoughts, knowledge and love for Motown music, and only a small minority are into bashing any of their stars. So I ask again, who cares about some alleged incident that happened almost 40 years ago that is of no signifance to why we love Motown music.

Then make that your little project marv2. Why not track down Bruce and ask him to give you details about the lady you are obsessed with and Elton John. And please take your time.

He doesn't have to be tracked down Roberta! Duh, he posted right there in the original link that started thread. Come on ,catch up! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    No I mean, who REALLY cares? A majority of folks on this site are about celebrating Motown and sharing their thoughts, knowledge and love for Motown music, and only a small minority are into bashing any of their stars. So I ask again, who cares about some alleged incident that happened almost 40 years ago that is of no signifance to why we love Motown music.

Oh I understand that. But where does the bashing come in other than that which was done to Elton John's head? LOL!!!

He doesn't have to be tracked down Roberta! Duh, he posted right there in the original link that started thread. Come on ,catch up! LOL!!!!
    Maybe you could befriend him and ask him to join this group. He looks like a lovely man and you and he may end up sharing a very special friendship. You both have Diana Ross in common so you can build from there. Have a look marv2. http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...BruceDonaldson