[REMOVE ADS]

Small talk with george clinton-june 8th, 2022

Just wanted to share some images from the event "Small Talk With George Clinton", sponsored by Richland Library in Columbia, South Carolina and held at the Township Auditorium.Name:  clinton1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  93.7 KBName:  clinton2.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  96.1 KBName:  clinton3.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  95.4 KBName:  clinton4.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  97.9 KBName:  clinton5.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  99.6 KB

Awesome pictures

Great photos! Can you tell us more about the event? I grew up listening to Parliament/Funkadelic and still have all their albums including most of the spinoffs! I found his autobiography very interesting although sketchy in places; but his opinions on music and how he came to be who he is were fascinating. Also, if you’re in one of the photos let us know so we can see our fellow member!

I'm at the far right in the first picture. I'm in the middle in the second picture, far right in the 3rd, to the right of George in the fourth pic, and on the left in the last picture.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=So1PRWJy8Uk

It was almost 2 hours in length. It was my objective to make the event music centered, not controversy centered. I also used the opportunity to shine a light on George's long time associate Archie Ivy, who was instrumental in making the event.

@timmyfunk,

Thanks! I saw there was one human common denominator in all the photos but I didn’t think you’d be lucky enough to get in all of them, but obviously you had a lot to do with the organizing of the event. Sounds like a great informative talk. As I mentioned above, I found his views on music to be fascinating and quite different than what I had expected. Clinton has a long history of all kinds of musical influences in his background which is why I think he sometimes spot checks pop songs, Motown, and even standards in some of his lyrics. One of his solo albums he even references my favorite Marvelettes song, “The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game,” though I can’t recall at the moment which song it is… Maybe “Loopzilla?” He does the same thing in another instance with the old Doris Day song “Secret Love.”

Thanks again, and if you can share anything else about the talk we’d love to hear it!
    Last edited by kenneth; 08-30-2022 at 07:35 AM.

You got it. It was Loopzilla.
    We did a very successful vaccine mandated event. As a result, there were no covid transmissions from that event.