[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick’s ‘Don’t Make Me Over’ Documentary to Premiere in 2023

This documentary is over a year old, and was at a few film festivals, but I do not think it was ever released in theaters or available for streaming. It is an enjoyable documentary, although it seems to skip over a few things in her life such as bankruptcies and her association and commercials with psychics. As far as I know, it was only available at film festivals and at the Toronto Film Festival, the event was available for streaming in Canada

Finally, CNN Films has announced that the new Dionne Warwick documentary. DIONNE WARWICK: Don’t Make Me Over, will air Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, at 9 p.m. local time, exclusively on CNN. The following day, it will be on-demand across CNN platforms before it moves to stream on HBO Max.

https://ratedrnb.com/2022/08/dionne-...premiere-2023/

wow, should be very interesting. I always LOVED Dionne. Thanks for posting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    It is an enjoyable documentary, although it seems to skip over a few things in her life such as bankruptcies and her association and commercials with psychics.
    Milven, I remember the documentary makes brief mention of both her bankruptcies and her involvement in the Psychic Friends Network. I just double checked my review of the doc that I had posted here on SDF last year and those subjects were indeed addressed, but very, very briefly. Other subjects were not discussed at all, such as when she became Dionne Warwick'e', when she moved to Brazil or her lawsuit with Burt and Hal.
    Last edited by carlo; 08-26-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Carlo, it must have been very brief, because I don't remember it being mentioned at all - but I guess I am already in the forgetful stage of my life In totality, I enjoyed the documentary even though it skimmed over some parts of her life that could have been featured in more detail. I intend to watch it again when it is broadcast. How bout you?

No worries, Milven. The mentions were all too brief.

I love Dionne but I wish I could say I was wow'ed by this documentary. It left me wanting more, much like her book. I may re-watch it again at some point. I gave up HBO Max last year, but perhaps it will come to our Canadian streaming service, "Crave". They seem to get a lot of HBO Max titles. I have her PBS documentary on DVD as well. I remember that was pretty good. I'll have to watch them back to back, and then decide which one is better I remember liking that PBS special/DVD because it featured full TV performances. I remember the latest doc had some nice rare footage throughout as well.

Glad to read that you enjoyed it. I think I remember you had seen it at the Montclair Film Festival premiere? Or was that someone else?

Yes, I saw it at Montclair Film Festival and after the film, she was interviewed by Steven Colbert live on the stage. I think that was the first time I saw her in person. Sadly, I never saw her perform.

By the way, this will be on CNN on Jan 1st at 9 pm. After that, it will be on HBO MAX. I still have cable and subscribe to regular HBO through it. If anyone is in the same situation, they can watch HBO MAX for free by signing into it with their cable ID and Password

This weekend's issue of Parade magazine has a feature mentioning this documentary and according to the article, it was slated to be on CNN this Sunday night, as in August 28th. But that does not show up on my cable guide under CNN, so I will assume that it was re-scheduled and that the date you guys have provided is correct. But if you get the Parade magazine as an insert to any of your weekend newspapers, you can at least read the article.

The below link may have come from Parade Magazine. It does say August 26th as you said.

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/ar...07bac41d1.html

Magazines are printed ahead of time, and sometimes the info in them is dated by the time the magazine comes out. A magazine had come out celebrating Betty White's 100th Birthday on the cover and she had died days before.

CNN has gone through a lot of recent changes including new ownership, new executives, cancelling shows and hosts, and in this case, rescheduling the Dionne Warwick documentary to New Year's Day. Evidently CNN made the change after Parade printed

https://ratedrnb.com/2022/08/dionne-...premiere-2023/