[REMOVE ADS]

WorldRadioHistory.com Database: Scans of Billboard, Cashbox, Record World, etc

I just found out about this cool website that has complete scans of every issue of countless radio and music related publications, such as Billboard, Cashbox, Record World, etc etc. Here is the link to where you can view all of the issues of Billboard Magazine, which astonishingly goes all the way back to 1894!

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archiv...d-Magazine.htm

https://worldradiohistory.com/

thanks

I bookmarked it on my computer

edafan

What a fascinating database!!! I didn’t even know these magazines started that far back. Thanks carlo!

Strange coincidence, I found it this week too ! what a great database ! And check the page about the updates for even more magazine in the future

Thanks for finding this site Carlo. It is terrific I was checking out the Record World and Cash Box sites too. Brings back many memories. I got addicted to Cash Box as a kid when my local record shop gave me the previous week's copy each week. I then got my own subscription for fifteen dollars a year so that I would have more current info. In my adult years Billboard became the bible of the industry and I subscribed to that, but in the disco era, Record World had the best info for the latest disco music and imports and I would drive into the city every Sunday just for the magazine. It's fun browsing through some of these old memories. I bookmarked it too. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    What a fascinating database!!! I didn’t even know these magazines started that far back. Thanks carlo!
    I have an old Billboard from 1925 that I framed and display. None of these magazines started out as music magazines. CashBox started out as a magazine for coin operated machines, especially juke boxes. Billboard started out as a trade magazine for Billboard posters Later, it covered the entertainment industry, circuses, fairs, and burlesque, vaudeville and other travelling entertainers.

In looking at the site that Carlo provided, I discovered that Cashbox and I were both born in the same month and year. The original version of Cashbox disappeared 25 years ago, but I'm still here

Hi guys,
    Glad to have shared this great resource and that you are all enthusiastic.

Thanks for that info, Milven, on how Billboard and Cashbox started. I didn't realize Billboard started as a trade magazine for billboard posters and CashBox for coin operated machines. Neat!