[REMOVE ADS]

Seven great Lamont Dozier songs

After reading DW Sheffer's posting on the Contours [great discovery] I noticed that the L A Times had another article featuring seven great Lamont Dozier songs. I thought others would enjoy reading it and listening to them.

I was totally unaware that he had composed anything for Dionne Warwick. Give it a listen.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...233828701.html

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    After reading DW Sheffer's posting on the Contours [great discovery] I noticed that the L A Times had another article featuring seven great Lamont Dozier songs. I thought others would enjoy reading it and listening to them.

I was totally unaware that he had composed anything for Dionne Warwick. Give it a listen.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...233828701.html
    HDH produced Dionne's second Warner Bros. album, JUST BEING MYSELF.

Interesting that Dionne's "You Are the Heart of Me" and "Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You" predate the Supremes versions.

Dionne's entire Warner Brothers catalog is GREATLY underappreciated in my opinion. The first album [["Dionne") was sensational, as was the last one "Love at First Sight." In between there were some great moments as well. As for the seven songs mentioned here, the one I could listen to all day would be Unhooked Generation. Freda WORKED that one!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Interesting that Dionne's "You Are the Heart of Me" and "Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You" predate the Supremes versions.
    Much of Brian Holland's 70's Motown input were songs that were either unissued or never went anywhere at Invictus. Dozier was not involved with the 70s Motown productions except for an lp he did on the Originals.

Jr Walker's excellent Hot Shot lp is predominantly failed HDH singles at Invictus.