[REMOVE ADS]

Chris Clark and Lewis Sisters foreign picture sleeve releases

I have often wondered if there are more Chris Clark singles issued around the world in picture sleeves, the only one i know of is the French e.p.
    The Lewis Sisters have at least 4 foreign issues i know of in picture sleeves, a French e.p. and German, Dutch and Spanish issues of "You need me".

A couple that spring to mind:

Chris Clark photo is also on the UK New Faces from Hitsville EP TME 2014 with Do Right Baby Do Right.

Lewis Sisters Italian P/S You Need Me DE. 2633. It's a different photo from the other European issues albeit taken at the same photo session. [[The other sister is holding the guitar)

Is the Italian issue the colour picture with blue background? I have them in my collection but just couldn't remember if this was Spanish or Italian, the French ep is in colour and probably the one with the best cover and as you say all from the same photo session with different poses.

Just been on Discogs website and saw that the German issue was a colour sleeve, i will have to re-visit my collection and check exactly what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Calv1971 View Post
    Is the Italian issue the colour picture with blue background? I have them in my collection but just couldn't remember if this was Spanish or Italian, the French ep is in colour and probably the one with the best cover and as you say all from the same photo session with different poses.
    Yes, it is. I haven’t heard of a Spanish version. I don’t think Motown was distributed in Spain until RCA took them on in 1967.
    The French EP is surely the best sleeve, I agree. But then, I think in general the French made the best sleeves in Europe at the time.

The Dutch sleeve is black and white. The German sleeve I’ve seen in both color and black and white so maybe there were two pressings.
    Strange how Motown supplied different photos for each sleeve. Seems a lot of effort for the time given the limited appeal of the group.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  21.1 KB
    I've seen a few Dutch picture covers of Chris Clark, and, at least, one French cover. They were black and white. There probably were one or two German ones, as well, but I've never seen any. But then, I've never looked for records in all my years in Germany.

Presume this is the one you refer to? I've not seen a better one?

There is also a Chris Clark VIP US Picture Sleeve That I had never seen until I spotted this a couple of years ago, It made me wonder if it was a genuine copy? either way it's a great Picture Sleeve. I do think it's one made along with others? Link Below.
    There appears to be not many Chris Clark P/S's

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...lark-269058899
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 01-21-2023 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    There is also a Chris Clark VIP US Picture Sleeve That I had never seen until I spotted this a couple of years ago, It made me wonder if it was a genuine copy? either way it's a great Picture Sleeve. I do think it's one made along with others? Link Below.
    There appears to be not many Chris Clark P/S's

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...lark-269058899
    That sleeve is from a UK seller that makes a lot of "fantasy" picture sleeves for US Motown/Motown-related 45s that were never issued with picture sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by nsoule View Post
    That sleeve is from a UK seller that makes a lot of "fantasy" picture sleeves for US Motown/Motown-related 45s that were never issued with picture sleeves.
    He seems to be doing very well with those sleeves. Some are pretty good, but you can tell that they are not from the era, in part, by looking at the font or typeface used on many of them. I've always loved graphic design and typeface and you get to where you can tell if the font is from factory-installed computer software, a retro-looking package of typeface styles or if it is something that actually came from and was in popular use during an era. The other "tell" I've noticed with his sleeves is that some feature the record label logo on the cover and/or back. The Motown picture sleeves and EPs of the era never had the Motown/Gordy/VIP/Soul/Tamla logo anywhere- front or back cover. I give the guy credit that he has been doing these for a number of years without any pushback from the various record labels [[he does sleeves for all kinds of 60s artists.)
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 01-22-2023 at 01:32 AM.

Chris Clark French EP
    Name:  chris clark french ep R-5321076-1669552326-7614.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  49.8 KBName:  chris clark french ep R-5321076-1669552329-7984.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  91.1 KB

Lewis Sisters French EP [[My favorite cover)
    Name:  the lewis sisters french ep R-7302007-1488912110-7983.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  38.1 KBName:  the lewis sisters french ep R-7302007-1488912113-2528.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  87.7 KB

Lewis Sisters German Picture Sleeve [[Second favorite cover)
    Name:  lewis sisters german ep R-5800293-1458854270-3589.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  50.8 KBName:  lewis sisters german ep R-5800293-1458854280-7420.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  74.9 KB

Lewis Sisters Netherlands Picture Sleeve
    Name:  lewis sisters netherlands R-12753923-1552386121-3029.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  51.6 KB

The Lewis Sisters French EP is absolutely wonderful with that deep blue background and even the sisters themselves in blue. This would have been a great album cover. The pictures are from Discogs, but I'm so happy to say that after years of hoping and waiting and saving, I was finally able to get the French EP and the German picture sleeve. What's so funny though is that I ended up with 2 copies of the French EP. Somehow I goofed and thought that I had accidentally paid for just the record itself, so I found someone else who had the French EP as well and bought it from him. Turns out, the first one also had the color sleeve. I ain't complaining!
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 01-22-2023 at 01:22 AM.