[REMOVE ADS]

Contours article....

I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see a piece on the Contours this morning on Yahoo's Entertainment news. Nice to see some press for them!
    Darin

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...093206015.html

Thanks for posting. I've always been a fan of the group. I've had First I Look At The Purse on heavy rotation this summer.

"Purse" is likely my favorite Contours track!

"Shake Sherry" the follow up to DYLM, was a big hit on Miami POP radio.

"Just a Little Misunderstanding" is at the top of my list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so easy to just have a little misunderstanding. As Little Anthony sang, [Sometimes It] "Hurts So Bad."
    Last edited by woodward; 08-11-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    "Shake Sherry" the follow up to DYLM, was a big hit on Miami POP radio.
    Decades ago while watching the David Letterman show I nearly fell off my couch when the Paul Schaffer band started playing Shake Sherrie! My eyes light up every time I hear a lesser known Motown cover.

Always love "Do The Sew Saw" in the Tom & Jerr-O style - or is it the same tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    Always love "Do The Sew Saw" in the Tom & Jerr-O style - or is it the same tracks?
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  21.1 KB
    My favourite is "It's So Hard Being A Loser", which is among my top 5 Motown songs, and top 25 songs of any genre.

You beat me to that one Robb - and I always marvel at seeing this clip

Not sure if you are all aware of the Kent Cd "Dance With the Contours" 26 Motown tracks and 24 of them are Unissued between 1963-1964. Superb set, Keith Hughes & Tony Rounce helped compile the tracks. There is a 23 page booklet about the Contours and the records and tracks. You can pick up a copy from Ebay for not a lot, it's an incredible set.

There is also a 2nd Kent CD "The Contours & Dennis Edwards" Part two 1965-68 26 tracks and a further 14 unissued of the 26.

If you are "Contours" favourites wow!

Attachment 20257
    Attachment 20258
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 01-19-2023 at 12:02 PM.

My fave Contours track is the Dennis Edwards-led "It's So Hard Being A Loser". A Dean & Weatherspoon production, it's among Motown's prettiest.

When I was in The Sunliners we backed those guys up a few times. They always put on a great show.

Ralph, the early books on Motown revealed that The Contours' could be pretty wild. In fact, their live shows featured acrobatic stunts on stage. Did you ever see their wild side? And did the guys ever perform those stunts when you and The Sunliners backed them up?