[REMOVE ADS]

Who is the youngest in age Motown artist still alive?

Woodward asked this question a while back about the oldest, but now I'm wondering about the youngest? Thinking about the "Golden Age" of Motown, who is the youngest, still with us?

I'll start with Marlon Jackson, born March 12, 1957, making him 65 years old.

Brother Randy Jackson was born 29 October 1961.

Just slightly older than Marlon are Little Lisa [[Miller) 16 July 1956 and Debby Boone 22 September 1956.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Brother Randy Jackson was born 29 October 1961.

Just slightly older than Marlon are Little Lisa [[Miller) 16 July 1956 and Debby Boone 22 September 1956.
    Was Randy technically a member of J5 when they were at Motown? I know he toured with them, but I didn't think he joined the group until they left for Epic?

Good point Mary - Wikipedia states "Randy was not an original member of the Jackson 5, first appearing live with his brothers in 1971[3] at a Christmas show the Jackson 5 held for blind children.[4] Although he was on every Jackson 5 tour since 1972, mainly playing the congas among other instruments, Randy did not officially join the family band until 1975 when they left Motown for CBS Records and older brother Jermaine chose to stay with Motown, prompting Randy to replace him".

James DeBarge possibly

Maybe one of the Abdul-Samad brothers of The Boys, all born in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Woodward asked this question a while back about the oldest, but now I'm wondering about the youngest? Thinking about the "Golden Age" of Motown, who is the youngest, still with us?

I'll start with Marlon Jackson, born March 12, 1957, making him 65 years old.
    What is considered the Golden Age?

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTony View Post
    Maybe one of the Abdul-Samad brothers of The Boys, all born in the 70s.
    Bilal was the youngest, born April 17, 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    What is considered the Golden Age?
    Good question. I was originally thinking 1972 when Motown made the move, which is typically when a lot of compilations end. But then that wouldn't include groups like Switch, DeBarge, or The Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Good question. I was originally thinking 1972 when Motown made the move, which is typically when a lot of compilations end. But then that wouldn't include groups like Switch, DeBarge, or The Boys.
    Good question mary. I guess you could have two answers, one for the Golden Age, and one for 1972-1988 [when Motown was sold].