[REMOVE ADS]

Opening, Finale and Encore Songs for a Diana Ross Concert based on a fan's choice.

As Diana Ross concert fans, each of us can mix it up. Concert song set list based on a fan's selections. The only criteria is that you personally create your own imaginary concert song list.
    Honey, demographics leave at the door.

"I Ain't Been Licked"
    Opening Song- Intro. with a full horn section.

"Thank You"
    Finale Song. Great audience sing along song.

"All is Well" -
    Encore Song" - with full string section.

"All is Well" -
    This song identifies how I feel after a lovely
    Diana Ross Concert!
    Last edited by TNSUN; 08-07-2022 at 02:42 PM.

“Goin’ Through The Motions” from one of my favourite Diana albums was the song that sprung to mind when last seen in July.
    I don’t think “Thank You” works as well as “If The World Just Danced” when performed live. Diana has been doing her “thank you for the memories” routine for many a year now. Perhaps that’s why i find the song just a little tiresome at times.

Fan's Choice.
    Second Encore song added to the show.
    "If The World Just Danced".
    Someday, this fun tune will be added to the ending of a movie from Bollywood.
    Hello, Bollywood calling...

If the world danced opener

Carry on finally

Never say I don't love you
    Encore
    Other favorites
    Not over you yet
    Too many nights
    My baby my own
    Come in from the rain
    Getting ready for love
    Ain't been licked
    Tenderness
    Friend to friend
    More and more
    Crimes of passion
    That's how you start over
    Last edited by daviddh; 08-08-2022 at 06:14 PM.

i would add Remember Me as finali
    and One Shing Moment

Always thought Remember Me should be the finale

I'd start the concert with the song that started it all - Where Did Our Love Go.

I'd end with If The World Just Danced - bang up to date, the other book end to the start.

I'd encore with If We Hold On Together, especially given the outstanding performance at the O2 in recent months and the wonderful meaning of the song.

I’ve been to several live shows recently [including Diana's], and I am now of the firm opinion that the last song [or encore] should be something that most people know, as to end on a high

No doubt the message of "Thank You" works well as an encore, but I think it would be better to close with a bonafide hit.

I also agree with Ollie that "Thank You" generally doesn’t work as well live compared to "If The World Just Danced".
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 08-11-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I'd start the concert with the song that started it all - Where Did Our Love Go.

I'd end with If The World Just Danced - bang up to date, the other book end to the start.

I'd encore with If We Hold On Together, especially given the outstanding performance at the O2 in recent months and the wonderful meaning of the song.
    I totally agree! 👍 Wish this will somehow come true, maybe at the Hollywood Bowl this month 🙏 🙂
    Last edited by lucky2012; 08-11-2022 at 04:18 PM.

I saw Mary open with I Hear A Symphony once, and I loved it as an opening number. I think that could be a great opener for Diana as well. She could do the first two lines from the wings and then make her entrance as she's singing, "Whenever you're near, I hear a symphony..." And the crowd gets on its feet and applauds. Although that song obviously has a super different energy from "I'm Coming Out". I can totally picture her vamping it up with her fluffy wrap during the instrumental, which would feature her sax player. I also loved her closing with "Reach Out [I'll Be There]" at RTL, but the high notes in that song were a challenge for her back then, and would be more so now, unless she lowers the key. My encore song pick would be "You Keep Me Hangin' On". The band could totally do an extended riff with that song, much like they do with I Will Survive. They could also still segue into All We Do Is Win.
    Last edited by carlo; 08-11-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post

I agree in that “Where Did Our Love go” would historically make for the perfect concert opener, leading straight into an extended Supremes medley. If not “Love Go”, then a ballad which is often more effective in creating an instant intimacy with the audience. “Touch Me In The Morning” was perfect for this.
    I can never envisage her closing the show with a Supremes number, but would replace “Come See About Me” with “Love Is Like An Itching” for more vibrancy.
    I wonder how “I’m Coming Out” or “Chain Reaction” might work as a show closer in place of “I Will, You Will, We Will”?. It would continue the tradition of ending the show with a crowd pleaser, without having to use another artists anthem.