[REMOVE ADS]

William Bell to release new music

From SoulTracks.com-
    Legendary Soul Vocalist William Bell will release his first new music since 2016's Grammy Award winning album This Is Where I Live.
    The lead single entitled "One Day Closer To Home" will be released near the end of August 2022 followed by a full length album in September, both on the Wilbe Records imprint.
    The song, which serves as the title track for the album, is about true freedom and going home in every sense of the word. It's a "back to basics" formula musically with great lyrics, melody and ultimately a superb vocal performance by Bell. Whether it's labeled Soul, Blues or Americana, this is a definitive lesson in song craftsmanship.
    Having taught songwriting master classes, the new single exemplifies William's main point when teaching: "Tell a story that is relatable to daily life."
    The forthcoming "One Day Closer To Home" does just that.

Now this is good news!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Wilbe Records
    They should digitize the Wilbe Records catalogue at long last.

From SoulTracks.com-
    There aren’t many soul singers with a more powerful legacy than the great William Bell. A regular hitmaker on the Stax label in the 60s, he has remained relevant more than a half century later – even winning a 2016 Grammy Award for his tremendous album This Is Where I Live.

Now at 83, Bell is showing no signs of slowing down, with a full length album coming next month on his Wilbe Records imprint. And leading off the album is a fantastic, bluesy ballad, "One Day Closer To Home."
    The song is a story about a man who has “been locked up for three years and 29 days,” and is now hitchhiking back home, using the “power of my thumb.” It is a straight ahead, back-to-basics song for Bell, who simply sounds fantastic.
    This is a demonstration of a master at work. And we’re proud to present the World Premiere of “One Day Closer to Home.” Check it out below, and get ready for the new album from Mr. Bell next in September.

Very cool bluesy number. Classic William Bell sound.

I struggle to think of many other 83 year old artists making music of this quality… that is, standing right up there his classic Stax recordings.

Another tour in the U K would be the icing on the cake - for me anyway.

Any idea what happened to the release of this album? It was supposed to come out in September…?!

[unless I’ve missed it!]

Hi Tom!

I believe the album is rescheduled for January.

Best regards
    Heikki

Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    Hi Tom!

I believe the album is rescheduled for January.

Best regards
    Heikki
    Thanks Heikki, that’s great to know!
    A post-Christmas present!!!

Anything from william bell is ok with me!!