[REMOVE ADS]

Sam Gooden, Founding Member of The Impressions, Dies at 87

To say that I am heartbroken is an understatement.

When I think of Sam Gooden, I think of calm, cool, class, and sophistication. It was his bottom of the classic, legendary Impressions sound that set them apart. When I think of Sam with the group I think of People Get Ready, I Can't Stay Away From You, Woman's Got Soul, Soulful Love, his version of the Impressions classic For Your Precious Love and many many more.

When I think of some of the very first CD's I ever bought one of them was The Impressions greatest hits. I know that Sam is no further than my CD player [[yes I still have one) my records, and my phone when I want to hear that wonderful baritone voice. I also know that he is reunited with Curtis, Reggie, Ralph and they are having a great time in Soul Heaven.

I also extend my deepest condolences to his lovely wife, his children and grandchildren and his entire family. I also want to extend my condolences to Fred Cash. I can't imagine what he is feeling right now. I will keep them all in my prayers.
    There is so much more I can say about Sam and The Impressions but I will stop right here.

Godspeed and Rest In Peace Mr. Sam Gooden....

You are missed already.

T.L. Harris

Oh how very sad. I last saw them in London a few years ago. Wonderful performance and they were so gracious to us fans later. Thank you for the music Sam

Truly sorry to hear about Sam Gooden on The Impressions. Rest In Power & Music Sam.

I met Sam & the group many times in the 60's & 70's & Sam was always so nice to me.RIP & sincere condolences to his family.