[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka Khan returns on powerful "Woman Like Me"

From SoulTracks.com-
    A generation ago, the legendary Chaka Khan thrilled the world with her powerful “I’m Every Woman.” And now, in 2022, Khan delivers an equally powerful, bluesy ballad with a message that every man should heed.
    “Woman Like Me” takes on the objectification of women that is insidiously present in much of today’s music and movie culture. Written by Francesca Richard, Gregg Pagani and Jeffrey Anderson, the song comes out of the box swinging:
    She's more than her body
    More than her a-- in some jeans, let's be clear
    More than her makeup
    More than the lace front that she chose to wear
    She is your sister
    She is your mother, your daughter, your girl
    Better remember
    It was a woman who brought you in this world

The iconic Khan is the perfect messenger for the song. Working mostly in her lower range, she confronts the listener with her best auntie attitude, delivering the message as few could.
    We’re all in on “Woman Like Me,” and we think SoulTrackers will be too.

Interesting cut, MEddie, and I thank you for finding it. I had not heard about the cut. Chaka is extraordinary, and this is certainly a worthy cut for her. Not sure just yet about the 'lower register' simply because I'm not familiar with Chaka singing in this range. Worth a listen, all!

Chaka is dope - nice new track