[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Best intro

Best intro

in the car today was listening to You Can't Hurry Love. and man. that bass intro is just unbeatable! plus for jamerson to get such a perfect spotlight for his talent

which song do you think has the best/most memorable intro?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    in the car today was listening to You Can't Hurry Love. and man. that bass intro is just unbeatable! plus for jamerson to get such a perfect spotlight for his talent

which song do you think has the best/most memorable intro?
    The most memorable would probably be Baby Love, the ooooo Diana purrs. For me the best musical intro is My World Is Empty, especially the mono mix.

Stop! In The Name Of Love
    You Keep Me Hangin' On
    Love Is Here and Now You're Gone
    Reflections
    Someday We'll Be Together

Love Child and album version of Stoned Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Love Child and album version of Stoned Love.
    we could also talk about the most awkward or poor or irrigating intro.

i think the single version of SL would be that. mostly just because the album version is so sensational. and i get it - they needed to reduce the run time. but man. talk about butchering

we could also talk about the most awkward or poor or irrigating intro.

i think the single version of SL would be that. mostly just because the album version is so sensational. and i get it - they needed to reduce the run time. but man. talk about butchering
    I think the Let My Heart Do The Walking single mix intro tops SL. At first I thought it was a record skip

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I think the Let My Heart Do The Walking single mix intro tops SL. At first I thought it was a record skip
    i forgot that! yes the tried to shorten the intro and missed a beat

some people have mentioned they didn't like the cold intro on Ladder. i wonder if this made it more challenging for djs to cue it up and introduce it

some people have mentioned they didn't like the cold intro on Ladder. i wonder if this made it more challenging for djs to cue it up and introduce it
    The Jean Supremes first three singles were cold intros. I think it helped those become hits

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    The Jean Supremes first three singles were cold intros. I think it helped those become hits
    i think the cold intro is great on Ladder, although i'm always hearing it on my on music, not a radio show. but i think it's set the stage beautifully for the rest of the song.

"I Wish I Were Your Mirror" and "TWCMS Sweet Music" both have fantastic intros.

Reflections and LILAIIMH.

Agree with LILAIIMH. And of course YCHL as previously mentioned. How about I'm So Glad I Got Somebody Like You Around?

I think the majority of Supremes singles all have brilliant intros, “You Keep Me Hanging On” being my own personal favourite.
    Diana’s “I’m Coming Out” and “Ain’t No Mountain” are also worth a mention.

The mother of intros...Papa Was A Rolling Stone

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Without question!

The mother of intros...Papa Was A Rolling Stone.

and it's stepchild, the followup, Masterpiece

I think the song High Energy has a killer intro--the whole song is stellar

also love the intro to Let Yourself Go. the glissando down into that killer beat. it's short but great

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    hahaa - was gonna bust ur chops for not following the direction of the post but i see i didn't specify SUPREMES or DR intros lol

and damn yes. although Papa isn't a song i listen to much, wow. that is an intro

My favorite Supremes intros-
    "Love Child"
    "You Keep Me Hanging On"
    "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart"
    "Stop In the Name Of Love"
    "Baby Love"
    "Stoned Love [LP Version]"

My favorite intro was back in my arms again.
    My least favorite is I’m gonna let my heart do the walking everyone I knew hated that intro, and thus, hated the song. I think without that vocal, the single would’ve done much better a lot of people liked it maybe but a lot of people were turned by it.

I love the intro to "A Breath Taking Guy".

"This Is It" might have the most interesting intro. Lol

"Going Down For the Third Time" has a killer intro.

BIMAA May be my favorite intro, but I don’t know if I could call it the best, if the best means a serving to lure the listener into the record, which is why they are there. For those purposes, I think about the ones that were most effective back in the day when they came out:
    you can’t hurry love
    keep me hanging on
    love child
    baby love
    someday we’ll be together
    ain’t no Mountain high enough
    River deep certainly grabs your attention
    he’s my man would’ve been perfect for radio is dead ended it before the girls started singing he’s my man

I love the intro to stone love, but I think they were correct starting it as they did. The idea is to try to hook listeners and a lot of listeners might change the station when they heard that orchestral instrumental thinking that it might not lead them to a song they would like.

So many Supremes songs have brilliant intros for different reasons, many are covered in this thread.

I'd like to add Where Did Our Love Go. A splendid right in your face taste of the underpinning groove of the song. Got me hooked right up front!

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    So many Supremes songs have brilliant intros for different reasons, many are covered in this thread.

I'd like to add Where Did Our Love Go. A splendid right in your face taste of the underpinning groove of the song. Got me hooked right up front!
    good call out. while people might debate if WDOLG is the BEST intro, you can't deny it's uniqueness and importance. it absolutely gave WDOLG the edge and all that it needed. it grabs you from second #1 and pulls you in.

plus it was unlike anything ever heard before.

so without it, Where might not have had nearly the impact. and then none of these other songs might ever have happened.

A really cool YouTube would be an edit of all the singles’ intros isolated in a row in order.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post

yes, certainly! A good intro will grab your attention and lead you into the song, and that’s exactly what that did. It’s not my favorite intro at all, but it was a great intro because it did it’s job. The baby love intro was magic back in the day, now to me it seems rather ho-hum. But it certainly did its job, and was instantly recognizable for years ~and years. Motown and the Supremes had lots of iconic fantastic intros. Love is like an Itchin, reflections, come see about me all wonderful!

You Keep Me Hanging On
    Reflections
    Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
    Back In My Arms Again

How long has this evening train been gone.

The Stranger In Paradise introduction is a perfectly superb way to usher in the lush, moody feel of the I Hear A Symphony album. The opening to Ask Any Girl, too, is unexpected and grabs one's attention, and I love the way it yields to another exciting, immediately insistent instrumental break before the singing begins. And Reflections, Come See About Me and most of the other singles' have layers of intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    I think the song High Energy has a killer intro--the whole song is stellar
    Yes! The absolute most lush, orchestral intro. At an earlier date and time, the 101 Strings would have covered it!

Definitely, the best intro. of any song!

If the intro to Stoned Love was butchered as mentioned above, what adjective would you associate with editing of the LP version of Ain't No Mountain High Enough to create the single version. Chainsawed?

My view is that without the edits on both songs, they would not have hit as big.