[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross and The Supremes [Los Angeles Forum - 1968]

Talk about a rare find

Exactly!! And the fact this clip exists probably means there is more out there!

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    this has to be 1969 because they didn’t have TCB until fourth quarter ‘68. They did play the forum in August 1969.

thank you for finding and sharing this wonderful clip!

The 69 concert they wore their own clothes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    this has to be 1969 because they didn’t have TCB until fourth quarter ‘68. They did play the forum in August 1969.

I was at the August 1969 Forum concert! [Just a wee lad 🙃] I was surprised but happy my parents let me go alone. This clip is remarkable visual evidence 53! years later to add to my memories of the concert. I remember strobe lights at one point [Reflections?]. The Jackson 5 were the opening act and almost stole the show.
    [Blackguy, I just saw your post. You’re right, they were not in the sequin gowns from Talk of the Town album cover]
    Last edited by lucky2012; 07-25-2022 at 09:40 PM.

The audio sounds like it's from their Farewell performance

The footage is from their 1968 Forum show. The audio is from the Farewell show that was added to the video as the footage didn’t have audio.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    The footage is from their 1968 Forum show. The audio is from the Farewell show that was added to the video as the footage didn’t have audio.
    I've seen a lot of similar footage from probably the same period or their last year together or so. I recall footage of Mary performing FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE but with the audio dubbed from the FAREWELL album.
    Last edited by reese; 07-26-2022 at 08:48 AM.

I can see why Mary treasured those gowns. So vital to their entire persona. Once they put them on they became THE Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I can see why Mary treasured those gowns. So vital to their entire persona. Once they put them on they became THE Supremes.
    they are sensational. the image of them on TOTT is incredible with the strands of beads and sequins all in flight as the girls move.

and watching them even on something like the Tennessee Ernie Ford special doing Reflections. the chorography on that song wasn't overly fast or intricate but still the beads just liquify every step. and of course Diana's sensational strut in for The Way You Do on TCB. for part of it she's still in the shadows on the ramp, but that gown is glittering for all it's might

i also thought the gold gowns [[from Hollywood Palace, Sullivan Impossible Dream and Right On) were gorgeous live. they really do seem to liquify - like molten gold shimmering on stage as they danced.