[REMOVE ADS]

Zulema's First LP Coming on CD

A pre-order link on Dusty Groove; they are also listing the second Sussex label lp -

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/117...r=release_date

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    A pre-order link on Dusty Groove; they are also listing the second Sussex label lp -

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/117...r=release_date
    Also loved her work with Faith, Hope and Chairty. Saw her in person with FHC opening for the Jean lead Supremes in Columbus, Ohio. What a show that was!
    Sadly, just discovered this:
    Zulema Cusseaux died on September 30, 2013, at age 66.[6]
    Albert Bailey died on May 27, 2020
    Diane Destiny passed a number of years ago.
    Obituary for Albert Bailey | Ray Williams Funeral Home

Last edited by lakeside; 07-22-2022 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Also loved her work with Faith, Hope and Chairty. Saw her in person with FHC opening for the Jean lead Supremes in Columbus, Ohio. What a show that was!
    Sadly, just discovered this:
    Zulema Cusseaux died on September 30, 2013, at age 66.[6]
    Albert Bailey died on May 27, 2020
    Diane Destiny passed a number of years ago.
    Obituary for Albert Bailey | Ray Williams Funeral Home

Yes, sounds like a great show! I'm a tad surprised to hear that the Supremes had another female trio as their opening act. I still have my original, gatefold sleeve copy of the first Zulema lp so I look forward to these cd releases.

Yes, sounds like a great show! I'm a tad surprised to hear that the Supremes had another female trio as their opening act. I still have my original, gatefold sleeve copy of the first Zulema lp so I look forward to these cd releases.
    Well, Faith, Hope and Charity wasn't 'exactly' a female trio. Two gals and a guy. I remember they brought down the house with 'So Much Love'. Zulema was quite a
    singer in concert. She could raise the roof!
    Last edited by lakeside; 07-22-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Their contract with the promoter may not have given them control over who could be the opening act.

OOPS! Me, corrected. I forgot that FH,C had a male member. I do thank my fellow members for knowing / remembering more than I! Truly thankful -

It's quite obvious that the Sussex label had high hopes for Zulema, perhaps as the 'next' Bill Withers. She wasn't able to generate a solo hit for Sussex despite great lps. I would love to hear more from at-the-time contemporaries of Zulema's to hear more.

She did a fabulous version of “If This World Were Mine.”

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    She did a fabulous version of “If This World Were Mine.”

Hell YEAH! After 'This Child ...' my second favorite cut on the lp. Do we know if Luther heard Ms. Z's version? This lady. She could both write and interpret a song. Nice to see a bit of remembering for her. This is one of my remaining bucket list cd issues.

I wonder if this up coming release was dubbed from a record? Years ago I was told that Ms. Z's master tapes had been lost in a fire. Saw her in person in both NYC & LA and she tore it up! Great artist and great recordings, she lives on...