[REMOVE ADS]

Lizzo 'About Damn TIme'

Something new[[ish) with a nice retro[[ish) vibe - hard to keep dancing when this one's playing!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Something new[[ish) with a nice retro[[ish) vibe - hard to keep dancing when this one's playing!

A nice tune by her, positive and danceable. Just watched her "Breakfast Club" interview. She has many layers and a very interesting story about Prince shortly before he died.

Makes you just.....smile. Loving it.

Glencro and Lakeside - the first Lizzo lp just didn't reach me but I'm loving this one start-to-finish. Do you hear just a tad of honoring the past of soul & r&b in Lizzo? She's original for sure, but there's something wonderfully comforting about her production sound to me.

Nice Song!! I really hear that "Old-School" vibe on Lizzo's "About Damn Time" [and you're right about not being able to sit down while it's playing]. Thanks For Sharing!

Great choice PNH!! Loved this one from the first time I heard it! Great video and lyrics too.

I have Lizzo's first album as well, but not many of the tracks do much for me, apart from the fantastic "Juice", which is much more in keeping with the retro disco-funk of "About Damn Time".

I also like "Good As Hell" which is very catchy and uplifting, and the extra funky "Boys"!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 07-23-2022 at 09:37 PM.