[REMOVE ADS]

Soul Train Season 1, Episode 22 [[The Four Tops, Jackie Wilson, Kool & the Gang)

https://youtu.be/KgNx-4G8oP0

it’s not letting me put the video up so we’re doing it this way

Also Rare Earth’s Big Brother is the Soul Train Line Song

Thanks it wasn’t letting me do it in initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Thanks it wasn’t letting me do it in initial post.
    You are welcome!

Hey, blackguy69, the reason your other post is having trouble is because parentheses have been causing a glitch on the forum for the last couple of years, especially in headings. Use brackets instead [[]] and you should be fine. Hope this helps.

What a kick to see this, first thing in the morning, watching during coffee. Had never seen this episode and the Tops did two songs from one of my favorite lps Nature Planned It.

Levi seems ususually subdued during these songs, perhaps a little sign of the unhappiness they were having at Motown. While this lp was being released the guys were already talking to ABC and about to sign with them.

I miss these guys so much.

One of the few Soul Trains uploaded on YouTube I haven’t seen, featuring three of my favourites. Strangely enough I’ve been drawn back to The track Nature Planned It in recent weeks. I had the album with its crazy cover and really liked it, apart from the cover versions. Kool and drummer‘Funky’ George Brown continue to fly the flag for Kool and the Gang

Great Find Lockhart!! Great to see The Four Tops, Jackie Wilson & Kool & The Gang on Soul Train. Thanks For Sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Great Find Lockhart!! Great to see The Four Tops, Jackie Wilson & Kool & The Gang on Soul Train. Thanks For Sharing!!
    blackguy69 deserves the thanks...I merely linked to the YouTube video.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    blackguy69 deserves the thanks...I merely linked to the YouTube video.
    Ooops; my mistake. Blackguy69 did have the initial post so thanks to blackguy69 for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Hey, blackguy69, the reason your other post is having trouble is because parentheses have been causing a glitch on the forum for the last couple of years, especially in headings. Use brackets instead [[]] and you should be fine. Hope this helps.
    Hi sans, as the forum's resident technical expert , I have a question for you…

As I [and we all] can’t access blackguy69's other thread, it’s still showing up as unopened on the home page [the one which lists the various forums]. Do you know if there is any way of marking it as read [without opening it] so that the ‘new thread’ notification doesn’t show up?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi sans, as the forum's resident technical expert , I have a question for you…

As I [and we all] can’t access blackguy69's other thread, it’s still showing up as unopened on the home page [the one which lists the various forums]. Do you know if there is any way of marking it as read [without opening it] so that the ‘new thread’ notification doesn’t show up?
    Hey, Tom:
    There’s not a way around it that I know of. All we can do is wait for the mods to delete it. [And I’m FAR from a technical expert!] 😁

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Hey, Tom:
    There’s not a way around it that I know of. All we can do is wait for the mods to delete it. [And I’m FAR from a technical expert!] 😁
    Ah yes, I'd forgot they can be deleted by the mods! [and don’t worry, me neither!! ]