[REMOVE ADS]

Michael Jackson question

Even though the song I am about to mention was after his Motown period, I figured this was the best place to ask my question....

On "Wanna Be Starting Something," as the song is fading out, the background singers repeat the same phrase over what sounds like 25 or more times. But I find whatever they are saying to be unintelligible. So can anyone tell me what that phrase is that they keep repeating?

"Ma ma se ma ma sa ma ma makossa" ONO.

As sotosound pointed out, the repeated phrase is "ma ma se ma ma sa ma ma makossa". MJ took the phrase from Manu Dibangos' classic "Soul Makossa". According to Wikipedia, Manu sued Michael in 1986 for using it in his song and they reached an out of court settlement.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
    "Ma ma se ma ma sa ma ma makossa" ONO.
    Yo, there's one too many "ma"s in there. It's "Ma ma se ma ma sa ma ma coo sa".

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    Yo, there's one too many "ma"s in there. It's "Ma ma se ma ma sa ma ma coo sa".
    Oh no there isn't.