[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Little Ann

Little Ann

Wonder how she didn't land in the Motown studios? Berry surely must have heard her. Maybe there were so many singers in Detroit
    at that time, he passed on quite a few.

Little Ann
    Detroit's Secret Soul

LP [[Item 921396) Kent [[UK), Late 60s — Condition: New Copy

$18.99 ... LP, Vinyl record album

List Price: 24.99

Add to
    Watch List
    Add to Order
    Add to Cart

Related searches

Little Ann
    Kent
    Kent [[label)
    Soul [[CD, LP)

Also available
    Little Ann — Detroit's Secret Soul [[with bonus tracks) ... CD 12.99

Brilliant soul from the Detroit underground of the late 60s – a full set of work by vocalist Little Ann, issued here for the first time ever! You might recognize Ann's name from her appearance on a few of the Ace/Kent Records issues of material by Detroit producer Dave Hamilton over the years – and the work here all comes from those classic collaborations with Hamilton – trapped on tape for many years, always contemplated as a possible Little Ann album – but only issued in full all these many years later! The groove here is as offbeat as some of Dave's other great work – not nearly as tight, or uptight, as Motown music – and instead, done with a sly undercurrent of darkness on most numbers, even the mellower ones – almost that earliest mix of Detroit styles that you get on pre-fame singles from Westbound Records artists. Ann's vocals are nice and lean, and slide right into the mix with ease – heartfelt enough to grab us right away, yet without any obvious cliches as well. Titles include "What Should I Do", "Deep Shadows", "Possession", "Who Are You Trying To Fool", "Sweep It Out In The Shed", "The Smile On Your Face", and "I Got To Have You". Note that the record was mostly issued in a different form by Timmion Records – as the record Deep Shadows – save for the mixes of "What Should I Do" and "I Got To Have You" – both of which are unissued mixes that appear here for the first time. © 1996-2022, Dusty Groove, Inc.

A small number of Little Ann' s recordings appeared on Dave Hamiltons "Detroit Heaven" on KENT four cd's over the last 20 years plus. "Sweep It Out in the Shed" is incredible but my favourite is "Deep Shadows" I have attached the link for it. Always wanted & waited for a "Little Ann" CD & unissued tracks. Ordered and waiting!

Magic!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxn-UP6sBz8
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 07-15-2022 at 11:47 AM.