[REMOVE ADS]

Ain't No Mountain is Back

DHL Express is using "Ain't No Mountain..." since 1986 in it's commercials [[it even was released as a special single back then).

For the last few years DHL used other music for their commercials. But since June 1 2011 "Ain't No Mountain..." is back.

This version is remixed by Paul Epworth and will be shown on CNN and BBC worldwide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOq9nkLahbo

Its used on UK X factor background a lot too at the moment. Paulo xxx

DHL Express is showing it in 25 counties, 280 TV stations.

I work for DHL Express and our CEO wants it to be a hit in every country....[[he knows more about express than music, I believe). Currently we are holding a competition. Every country DHL is active [[over 220 countries) can make their own version of this song, upload it to a website and the best version will win a price. Two weeks ago we made a Dutch version [[I'm from the Netherlands), on a DHL boat in the canals of Amsterdam.

All done by employees.

I will search for the link to the website so you can see all our international efforts.

It will be a worldwide sing a long....everyone can join!
    http://www.facebook.com/DHLExpressSong/

Fantastic! xxx

The original Dionne Bromfield version. Dionne is Amy Winehouse's god-daughter.

Thnaks copely..xxx

I had to resurrect this thread by posting this version of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" featuring N'Dea Davenport of Brand New Heavies fame. One of the fun things about it is it's like a mash-up of the Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell and the Diana Ross versions!

[QUOTE=copley;72260]The original Dionne Bromfield version. Dionne is Amy Winehouse's god-daughter.

Damn, they're good! Thanks, copley.

Here's the one of 1991, staying closer to Diana Ross's version:

According to Discogs, which is often seems accurate, the DHL 12 inch was released in 1979, which cannot be right, as the "All The Great Hits" album of 1981 is advertised on the back cover. I bought it when it came out, but I don't remember what year that was. Anybody know?
    http://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-Ai.../master/589354
    Name:  Diana Ross DHL.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  93.0 KB
    Name:  Diana Ross DHL 2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  59.3 KB

According to Sharon Davis in her book Motown The History it is stated as Jul 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by noel181 View Post
    According to Sharon Davis in her book Motown The History it is stated as Jul 1986.
    Thanks! That makes sense as this is the 1986 DHL commercial, even closer to the Diana Ross version:

Mary Ferrer also used it as background music in a promo for the Vegas house she had to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Mary Ferrer also used it as background music in a promo for the Vegas house she had to sell.
    What's with calling her Mary Ferrer? Should we call Diana Silberstein Naess by the names of her ex-husbands?

My personal mantra ever since I heard the Diana Ross version in 1972....

everybody involved kicked ass : Ashford n Simpson, Paul Riser, Russ Terrana, Miss Diana Ross, et al ..... Thanks for DECADES of daily inspiration!!