[REMOVE ADS]

Adam Wade, Singer/Actor/Game Show Host, Has Died at 87

Found this post from his family on IG this morning:
    Name:  AF726272-89BF-4C14-A460-D14E19138F92.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  11.1 KB

It is sad to hear this news. I remember an aunt having a 45 of his called RUBY but I never played it. My memories of him are more from him playing Willona's boyfriend on GOOD TIMES and of course, his history-making turn as the host of the game show MUSICAL CHAIRS. May he R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It is sad to hear this news. I remember an aunt having a 45 of his called RUBY but I never played it. My memories of him are more from him playing Willona's boyfriend on GOOD TIMES and of course, his history-making turn as the host of the game show MUSICAL CHAIRS. May he R.I.P.
    Yep, he had a very Mathis-esque vocal approach—eerily so, which may have hurt him commercially. He cut a disco-style album in ‘77 as well. A lot of his work is thankfully available on Apple Music.

I remember you and I discussing “Musical Chairs” here a couple of years ago. And remember his role as James Earl Jones’ co-worker in CLAUDINE? Definitely a sad loss.

So sad to hear his passing, I couldn't think of a better song and my favourite record of his, he had a great voice. God bless him.

Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 07-10-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Sad indeed. I remember him most from his role as Shirley's "boss" on What's Happening when she was selling her homemade cookies.

I found this tribute on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I found this tribute on youtube.
    Thanks for this. And here's the NYT obit:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/a...wade-dead.html

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  21.1 KB
    I liked Adam Wade almost from his beginning. I bought "Rain From The Skies", "Ruby", "Take Good Care of Her", and "The Writing On The Wall" brand new when they came out. He was a crooner, like Lenny Welch and Johnny Mathis , and Mel Carter. Sorry to here this news. But, it's getting closer to when there won't be any media stars around from when I grew up.