[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Phyliss Hyman

Phyliss Hyman

Has anyone purchased this? Thoughts?

It's excellent and the sound is wonderful. Last year, I had checked out the sound quality of the remastering on this set by loading the CDs into a dynamic range assessment tool on my computer. I seem to remember that all of the discs rated quite high, with little compression done to the audio. It comes in a nice box as well, along with a booklet. I had all of her albums on individual CD's before this box set was released, but took a gamble, thinking that if the sound wasn't going to be any good, at least it would be a nice set to have, with everything bundled up in a box. I was very pleased to discover the great sound/remastering, which shouldn't have been a surprise to me, as Nick Robbins, who was the engineer on this project, does great work. My only complaint is that I wish they could have included more bonus tracks, as there was a lot more that they could have included from previous releases, but apparently they ran into licensing issues with many of the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    It's excellent and the sound is wonderful. Last year, I had checked out the sound quality of the remastering on this set by loading the CDs into a dynamic range assessment tool on my computer. I seem to remember that all of the discs rated quite high, with little compression done to the audio. It comes in a nice box as well, along with a booklet. I had all of her albums on individual CD's before this box set was released, but took a gamble, thinking that if the sound wasn't going to be any good, at least it would be a nice set to have, with everything bundled up in a box. I was very pleased to discover the great sound/remastering, which shouldn't have been a surprise to me, as Nick Robbins, who was the engineer on this project, does great work. My only complaint is that I wish they could have included more bonus tracks, as there was a lot more that they could have included from previous releases, but apparently they ran into licensing issues with many of the tracks.
    Thank you, Carlo. You made some good 'selling' points. I appreciate your information.
    Last edited by lakeside; 07-08-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Is "Run, Jesse, Run" included here?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Thank you, Carlo. You made some good 'selling' points. I appreciate your information.
    Glad I could help, lakeside

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Is "Run, Jesse, Run" included here?
    No, unfortunately it's not included. I had read that this was one of the tracks that they ran into licensing issues with. I think the only place you can get this track on CD would be the "Living All Alone/Prime of My Life" 2 CD set.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Glad I could help, lakeside

No, unfortunately it's not included. I had read that this was one of the tracks that they ran into licensing issues with. I think the only place you can get this track on CD would be the "Living All Alone/Prime of My Life" 2 CD set.
    Oh, I didn't realize that it was available on this twofer. It's also available on the Phylladelphia compilation. Thanks.